“Great place for kids and adults!!!”
Review of Xtreme Gaming

Xtreme Gaming
Ranked #31 of 64 things to do in Colchester
Colchester, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great place for kids and adults!!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a little gem of a place, run by a fab team!!! Bought my son and 5 friends here for his birthday. With very little funds, and quite limited to what we could afford party wise, these guys couldn't do enough for us!! They provided our party with gift bags (total surprise...thank you so much) and the let the boys have the 'bunker' complete with table. The owner allowed me to bring in snacks and drinks for them to have during their two hours here..how many places would do that for you!!!! I can't recommend this place enough!!! These giys are on to a real winner with customer service like that!!! Thank you!

Visited November 2013
9 Thank MrandMrsG2005

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The perfect compromise for mum and teenage son!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

When I need to meet friends, get some shopping done, or any other boring mum stuff, my 13yr old is not quite so morose as usual when he learns he can go to Xtreme Gaming for a couple of hours.

Being on my own with my son, this place is an absolute godsend. Before we discovered it, wherever I went he went and vice versa. This establishment has very possibly saved my son from terminal boredom.

The staff are very helpful and friendly, the games and gaming equipment is all decent, up to date and just what my son wants to use. The prices are very reasonable, and a drinks fridge and chill out area means I can be a few minutes late without ever worrying my little cherub will be standing outside alone waiting for me.

I would absolutely recommend the place to anyone who enjoys gaming, as well as their parents. :-)

Visited December 2013
6 Thank Kate B
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Like Gaming? Visit XG. Simple.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It's hard to know where to start with Xtreme Gaming (XG). If you're into the Gaming scene - at all - then you're genuinely missing out if you don't visit this place.

For those that don't know XG offers you Xbox360 gaming (soon Xbox ONE gaming too) in the comfort of gaming chairs in themed areas, either by yourself online with others, or with others playing locally on a vast collection of games. You can either opt for a high-end gaming headset or go with the audio from the LCD TV and immerse yourself into whatever game you're playing; you can also take it to the next level with a professional gaming controller, if you so wish. There is so much of an experience to be had that is only limited by your own gaming ambitions.

The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly and not at all intimidating for the casual gamers. If you can time your visit there are always a horde of events and tournaments to participate in too.

If you fancy it there is a large discount of the local pizza takeaway and a large selection of drinks means you'll never be too hungry to stop you playing for long! The younger guys are well policed on what PEGI age-rated games their allowed to play, so you don't need to worry that your 12 year old is going to be playing anything unsuitable.

A membership costs you £10, but that also comes with a free hour's worth of gaming. After that its either by the hour or for an all day pass.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank MikeHunt81
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“really good time!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

took my son and his friends for my sons birthday. they loved it. polite and friendly staff too.will be going again soon!! :-)

Visited August 2013
4 Thank diddsmum
Colchester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Friendly, Fun, Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great place for teenagers to hang out. Friendly staff, very helpful and obliging. Good fun all round

Visited April 2013