“Lovely food and very good staff”
Review of The Treble Tile

The Treble Tile
Ranked #58 of 490 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a fantastic Gastropub. We are able to cater to dietary needs and our menu can be adapted with some notice. all you need to do is ask. We have a beautifully well maintained beer garden a separate function room which you could hire for small functions, business meetings etc.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Four of us came for dinner on 2nd August. Three of us had starters. I had the smoked fish platter - I was not keen on the smoked haddock, which I felt had a strange taste, but the rest was very good.
For my main, I had the lamb shank, pea & mint pie, which was absolutely delicious. My friend also had this, hubby had the beef ribs and other friend had the fish & chips. Everybody really enjoyed their food. I could not finish my main course as the portions were large, and the pie quite rich. I would say next time, I may skip the starter.

Unfortunately, everything was so filling that only my husband was able to manage dessert, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

The well kept Woodfordes Wherry was a delight to drink.

The service was friendly and quick without being rushed.

We hope to come back soon after what was a very successful first visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited here on a Sunday lunch as a family of 3. We have never been here before, so didn't know what to expect. We defiantly weren't disappointed ! We had 3 courses , plus bottle of wine, sort drinks and coffee and the bill was £88. The quality of food was great , a lot of locally sourced food and wine. We would def be back. The place was lovely and clean and the staff couldn't do enough for us. A great Sunday lunch, and one we would recommend people to visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

It was busy the evening that we ate here, but although I don't mind waiting a little longer for good food, the service was a little more abrupt than it needed to be.

The butternut squash soup was fine, but nothing to write home about, and the steak didn't taste "50 day aged" and was somewhat overcooked (not "medium" anyway) and in my opinion over priced.

2  Thank Giles M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a great find this place is. Spent a top Saturday evening here to celebrate and would have been hard pushed to find a better alternative.

Great food - original menu and all very tasty and well presented.

Fantastic service - friendly, helpful, quick to take order and non intrusive

Spacious restaurant, lovely garden, nice atmosphere .

Highly recommend and will visit again

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice anniversary meal here. The service was great the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. The food was very good although we both felt it was expensive for the amount of food on the plate. Saying that, we will be back again soon as it was very tasty.