“CLOSED”

Ranked #28 of 517 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in this 300 year old historic Tudor building in Colchester. Although the building has been modernised, it still retains every aspect of its uniqueness and heritage. Our Head Chef, Triphop Thongkraing, was raised and trained in Thailand and has over 25 years experience. His talents are proven through customer enjoyment and appreciation for his cooking ability and innate creativity. This inspires him to maintain the Thai culinary traditions, preparation and presentation in Naka Thai. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and you can dine assured that no matter what the occasion is you will have a pleasurable dining experience.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked lunch a week ahead for a day and time when they open as confirmed by the person I made the booking with, their website and even the sign on their front door. Turned up at the agreed time to find them closed with no sign of life inside and no note on the door giving an explanation of why they weren't open.

Others say the food is great but I and my guests never got the chance to find out, and never will, as I won't be going back.

2  Thank John K

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited this restaurant on 16 July celebrating the graduation of our son together with 2 other families (party of 13). It was a last minute arrangement but our late choice through trip advisor proved to be a real jewel. Great food, limited but carefully chosen selection of wines (we opted for the Marlborough region Sauvignon Blanc) and first class service with the personal attention of the manager rounded up a very pleasant experience on a very special day for all of us.
Full marks to the chef and all the team.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have eaten here a few times and the food never fails to impress. I'm vegetarian, which they do a nice set menu and they will change some of the items on it if you don't like something. There were four of us and we all chose vegetarian, We also had a 25% voucher for a Saturday night which they accepted, so that helped. Only thing is that the portion sizes were a little small. Two of our party didn't have a lot to eat, so if there were four people with big appetites, then there possibly wouldn't have been enough to go around. However, the food was lovely and the service was really good, and the staff were very attentive.

1  Thank Gordon A
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I Ate here on a Saturday evening.

We were taken upstairs to a more romantic seating area.

We ordered a sharing starter, 2 main dishes, 1 egg and 1 noodle dish. It was very tasty.

There was not too long a wait in Between courses and the staff were all very professional.

Would definitely go here again if I was to go to Colchester again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Delicious, carefully cooked food, great service, decent wines, very pleasant surroundings. Very comprehensive menu. Accept Tesco clubcard vouchers, but not on set menus. Our third visit and will definitely return.