“An oasis”

Jacqueline's Tea Room
Ranked #18 of 516 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a varied selection of breakfasts, lunches, homemade cakes, and are also very proud to offer a wide range of homemade gluten free products including an indulgent afternoon or high tea. We have a variety of over 50 loose leaf teas and are sure to satisfy any palate. You'll always find 3 different teas freshly brewed for sampling every day, so please do come along and have a taste! We also sell a variety of accessories such as teapots, strainers, infusers and timers as well as our wide range of fine quality loose leaf tea so that you can enjoy the whole Jacqueline's Tea Room experience in your own home.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A great reminder of my early childhood memories. Good food, attentive service, great choice of tea and a quiet spot in a busy town

2  Thank Jim B

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I came across this on my first trip to Colchester this morning. Received a very warm welcome and enjoyed a delicious latte and a very tasty peanut coffee. Was then joined by my sister, who had a berry smoothie, which was DELICIOUS.
I love the retro theme and will definitely return next time I am in town.
We were unable to return for lunch, which was a shame because the food choices looked lovely and everything was very reasonably priced.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been a few times now and have received a friendly welcome. The way it is furnished reminds me of having tea at my grandparent's house. There is a good selection of loose leaf teas. The food I have tried so far has been lovely. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This tea room is just a short walk from my home, what a find, lovely mismatched vintage furnishings and crockery. I had the gluten free cheese scone and a pot of tea, my daughter had juice and crumpets. Everything was delicious and at £9 for both of us , good value too. I hope to go back soon and try some other goodies.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Since opening some 7 weeks ago I have visited the tea room on several occasions with family and friends. The choices on offer are plentiful, including a good range of gluten free which is not usually available in other establishments. If you enjoy a good cup of tea this is the place for you with over 20 varieties for you to choose from. The atmosphere is great with a homely feel. Highly recommend it.