“Lovely”

Jacqueline's Tea Room
Ranked #20 of 515 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a varied selection of breakfasts, lunches, homemade cakes, and are also very proud to offer a wide range of homemade gluten free products including an indulgent afternoon or high tea. We have a variety of over 50 loose leaf teas and are sure to satisfy any palate. You'll always find 3 different teas freshly brewed for sampling every day, so please do come along and have a taste! We also sell a variety of accessories such as teapots, strainers, infusers and timers as well as our wide range of fine quality loose leaf tea so that you can enjoy the whole Jacqueline's Tea Room experience in your own home.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was our first visit to Colchester,and we came across this delightful tea shop.We were on holiday,and so not able to visit it every day,but would have liked to!
Lovely people,lovely cakes and drinks ,a highlight of our holiday.Thank you.

1  Thank JMW610

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just by chance my friend and I came upon this tearoom yesterday. We both ordered the spiced fruity teacakes which were the best ones we have had in a long time. They were served on prewarmed plates and the butter was spreadable - not a hard lump which is what you so often get. We had lemon tea and Heavenly Apricot/peach tea respectively. Served in brown teapots with a ring to catch the drips, also with a timer to get the correct time of brewing and both tasted delicious. - The decor was old fashioned which added to the charm of the tearoom, the service extremely friendly. There were several homemade cakes on offer and saw several plates of sandwiches being served, all looked delicious. - The cloakroom was decorated in old newspaper full of adverts - stylish! - Will certainly go back there again, it was utterly delightful!

1  Thank Catharina G
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Takes you back in time for a nice calm break with a difference. The Tea shop has as suggested various teas to try using tea leaves, pot , china cups and a strainer !! They produce food along side I had a type of pie/sausage roll the helping may not be enough for those with a big appetite however It is more of a tea shop and a bite to eat. The atmosphere takes you back in time which is also great and the staff seem friendly and helpful. I would go back again I hope it stays .

1  Thank kazz4662
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful place!
Friendly and attentive staff, a wonderful selection of teas and a beautiful ambiance.
Also reasonably priced.

1  Thank Niki H
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Visited here twice in the last couple of weeks, once with just my wife and once with her and both my teenage sons. Both times we had great service, the staff are very friendly. There is a great choice of teas and I look forward to trying more. The food is very fresh and tastes great. My only gripes are that I would like to see more choice of meals such as quiches and it is a little expensive. However I will definitely go again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Colchester.

2  Thank Barry A