“I definitely recommend this B&B in Colchester!”
Review of Pescara House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colchester
Pescara House
Ranked #22 of 40 Colchester B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“I definitely recommend this B&B in Colchester!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This place is very cosy, located near the city center. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Pat and David are very kind, trying to help us on everything we needed. The English breakfast, traditionally prepared was tasteful! I would definitely stay again in this B&B in my next trip to Colchester!

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spent a week recently with a friend of mine at David and Pat' s Pescara House. It was just a wonderful stay. Both David and Pat are very nice, warm and hospitable people, always helpful. If I visited Colchester again I would definitely chose Pescara House again. The room was very cosy, in a quiet area, Pat and David prepared lovely, tasty breakfast and also gave us some tips what to see in Colchester and surrounding area. David was so kind and printed us the bus schedule.
I am so greateful that we chose Pescara House since both, Pat and David, helped me to feel like home. Needless to say that its location is very close to the centre so that you can walk there:)
All in all I was very satisfied there and my friend as well. Thank you David and Pat for your kindness, patience and hospitality.
Renata from Prague, Czech Republic

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

A wonderful find. . My husband and I really loved our stay. Very good value for money, superb service and a great location. . So close to Colchester town centre and yet such a peaceful haven. Highly recommended for working- week stays and mid-week breaks. Pat and David are the most courteous and helpful of hosts. . And the food is just perfect! Try it out. . You'll be impressed too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia O
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed almost 2 weeks at Pescara House for its convenience to reach downtown by just a short walk. The house locates at the inner side of a main road that we could sleep very well without disturb. Excellent English breakfast, other than a variety of corn flakes, Dave cooked us tasty bacon and sausage together with either sunny egg or smooth scrambled egg and juicy mushroom. My wife liked the organic tea with honey after some toasts and I loved the black coffee. Very full morning and our lunch could either be delayed or even skipped! Before we left for our daily tour, we always asked for advise from Pat. She gave us weather forecast, helpful tourist guide and smart shopper places. We toured late and called for delivery, to our surprise, the dinning table had been set for us with spoon and fork before the delivery arrived!

We really thank for the friendly hospitality of Dave and Pat, we enjoyed a great time in Colchester. We'll come back again.

Room Tip: Book in advance if en-suite twin bedded room is needed.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Tortola
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed 16 nights at the Pescara, a short walk from shops and places to eat. My room was medium-sized, with a good window and radiator, plus a table, chair, chest of drawers, wardrobe, wash-basin, kettle with tea & coffee and TV with Freeview (not all channels receivable). A large shared bathroom and separate WC were near-by. I really enjoyed the cosmopolitan mix of guests and the family's thoughtful hospitality. My choice of a very full English breakfast (partly sourced from local farms) really set me up for the day..

Room Tip: Very popular, so book online as far ahead as possible, particularly if you want a twin bedded room...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bviabe
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I would definitely recommend staying at the Pescara B&B in Colchester. Great value for money, together with friendly service and a lovely room. Good location too, close to the town centre. Thanks to David & Pat for an excellent stay and for the yummy poached egg breakfast every morning!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Teebee1969
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Clean, friendly and inviting, Pescara House is like a home away from. The little details like some relaxing magazines and books in your room, to remembering what you like for breakfast are very welcoming. And so clean!

The location of the B & B is top notch, too. You are just steps away from the main roads and shops, but the area is pretty quiet, just like my street at home. The Hospital Arms is at the end of street and the Playhouse is just up the road for main meals. There is a Tesco Express close by for snacks or sandwiches if you are traveling.

I really had a great time!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple