“Brief encounter with the reception.”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Carlisle Central
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived in Carlisle an hour and a half before the first bus was due to leave to WhiteHaven. Fortunately, the Travel lodge kindly allowed us the warmth of their reception, as all the rooms were sold out. Great place and friendly staff :) :) :) :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Triple room was great for the 3 of us for a weekends fun in Carlisle. We were checked in by Jordan who also gave us some suggestions to make our weekend go with a swing, he is a credit to the company. Double bed and 2 singles were all comfy enough and plenty of tea coffee etc provided. Usual travelodge error of insufficient towels but immediately remedied at reception. No noise heard overnight on both Friday and Saturday. The 24 hour bar was a bit of a disappointment as the Barman decided to close it at 1 am on Saturday after a petty argument with a guest, perhaps travelodge should employ 2 night staff as he was clearly stressed and seemed to be overreacting. Saying that plenty of pubs in area to compensate for this. All in all a definite recommend for a great city break and we will return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have used this hotel before but it is the first time we have used the wheelchair accessible room. The good news is that the staff are friendly and helpful. Another bonus is that they have a small restaurant on site. Not a huge selection of dishes, not very imaginative for the evening meal and not particularly well cooked. The cooked breakfast was OK but nothing special.

The two things which were not so good. The bedroom was wheelchair accessible so I would have thought the furniture would have been arranged so both sides of the bed were accessible as there was plenty of room. In fact the bed nearest the bathroom, which is the side I like to sleep on, was only 9" from the bathroom wall so I could not use it as not enough room for the wheelchair. The second thing I did not like were the twin beds pushed together with very small duvets which did not keep me warm enough.
If I went again I would want a different room and probably eat out in the evening but overall would still recommend it to people

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill T
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My partner and i went up to Carlisle for an engagement party and we stayed at Carlisle central Travelodge ..The room was spotless and the bed was just the job,we found the staff very polite and helpfull we will certainly use this Travelodge again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed after a night out in a twin room, well a double bed and a camp bed that was as comfy as a concrete floor do didn't get much sleep. Other than that of was cleaner than expected and the staff were pleasant, it was nice to be able to have a drink in the 24hr Bar

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had previously heard negative comments about Travelodge but decided to book a nights stay anyway and am I glad I did.It was very clean,warm & comfortable & as soon as my head touched the pillow I was asleep,the bed was so comfortable.Will definitely stay again.
Ray, Whitehaven,Cunbria

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have in recent years moved away from booking a Travelodge preferring Premier Inns.On this occasion because of the price difference & location I opted for the Travelodge.This was one of the refurbished Travelodges & the room was spacious, well furnished & comfortable.I did have to pay for off site parking but expected this due to a city centre location.I did not eat in the hotel as there were plenty of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo