“Satisfied Customer”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Carlisle Central
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great Stay, nice central location and the staff were amazing. Rooms were clean and comfortable, a travel cot was provided on request, staff had great knowledge of the local area, would definitely stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed 24 July 2014

On arrival was met by a very pleasant and helpful receptionist....the rooms were clean and tidy....though tucked away and slightly difficult to find it was a good overnight stop in middle of town...and a good nights sleep.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Moral is don't book a city centre budget hotel for a Saturday night. Where to start? No aircon. Windows that open an inch so room far too hot and letting in all the outside noise. No TV remote - "there's a shortage but you can use buttons on top". This was over 6ft high. No I wasn't there to watch TV but it is handy when getting ready to go out and in the morning. Shower with lethal base but warning to be careful on wet floors! The hardest, most uncomfortable pillows that I've ever tried to sleep on. Hotel full of hen parties screaming and banging doors until early hours and then again by 7.30 am. Isn't there some way that same sex parties can be separated from other guests? Plentiful breakfast - if you like microwaved bacon. The hotel was clean, the staff were pleasant and the location is very close to city centre but I really wouldn't recommend it if you want comfort or a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
2  Thank Superb
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on the 11th and 19th of July, as a waypoint for a trip to Wales. Both nights the room was hot, and I mean HOT. So I opened the window and the noise levels outside are as unbearable as the heat in the room.

The first night I arrived with my wife and 3 daughters at about 11:30pm and there was no cot in our room, we lumped it and didn't bother reporting. The rooms are spacious but pillows are very uncomfortable.

The second night was very busy and we ended up paying £5.50 for parking across the road. We went up to our room to find only 1 extra bed and again no cot. Reception told me to take the bed from under my double, no extra bed there!!! Went again to reception and was told "ahh some roudey lads broke that last weekend, so we haven't replaced it yet, I'll see what I can do". 30 mins later we got a bed and an offer of free cereal in the morning for our 2 daughters as an apology!!! The heat in the the room again was unbearable and I actually attempted sleeping on the slim window ledge! No, i am not joking. The noise outside this hotel is really loud and its just swearing and general banter, but you NEED the window open! I complained in the morning about both my stays and again was only offered "free cereal" for my kids!

Avoid unless you are a lizard in need of a new terrarium!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen3788
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We checked in and found there was no one to help with luggage (and we had a lot of heavy bags) closest parking was quite a way down the road, in a public car park, and when I asked if we could drop our luggage off first I was told, if you had read the web page when booking you would know you cannot park here!! so we struggled to carry everything from the car park to the hotel.
This hotel does not have air conditioning and windows only open an inch or so, so it was to hot to sleep - noise from outside of the hotel (night club) went on all night anyway, which again made it impossible to sleep. We got up at 4am had cold shower (because the leaking shower was either scalding or cold) and checked out as we could not stand being in the room any longer.......never will we be going back to this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here one night ahead of our son's Graduation ceremony. Arrived late and were greeted very nicely at reception and given our room number as well as explaining all the parking options in the area. We had already parked at the recommended car park which was a short walk along the road and was reasonably priced to leave it there the following day as well making it a good place to act as a base.
The family room we booked was very clean and well looked after with the pop up bed set up before we arrived and all beds were very comfy. The only down side was that it was extremely hot on one of the hottest days of the year and the windows didn't open very far to allow enough air in to cool it down. This meant a rather disturbed sleep which wasn't helped by late night groups passing the hotel in the early hours, just one of the pit falls of city centre hotels though.
Strangely, for a family room, there was only one chair? which meant two of us had to sit on the beds which was not that comfy whilst having a cup of tea.
However it was a very good place to stay being central to Carlisle and they offer some good prices if you are able to book in advance.

Room Tip: If you can, avoid room overlooking Cecil St.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Centrally situated but the experience was not good. The bed was comfortable but there was no ventilation in the room apart from windows. With windows open it was noisy and still too warm. The curtains were thin and so room was dark for only a short time. Also curtains didn't close fully across the window. I did not sleep which made the drive the next day difficult.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Not good value however cheap!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends