“stop off in carlisle”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gilded Lily - CLOSED

Gilded Lily
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“stop off in carlisle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stopped off in Carlisle to see accountant and friends who took us out to this fairly new restaurant.
The menu was interesting with starters that could be shared. We had the prawn and chorizo, which was tasty but rather overcooked and killed the delicate flavour of the prawns. Perhaps a little more investigation into Spanish tapas using chorizo, there are many.
Our friends had a cheese dip, which was tasty and the bread was excellent.
Main course for my friend and l was the belly of pork on apple and onion mash and it was divine. Tender and tasty. A really good choice. Judith had a burger which was solid meat and excellent. Our friend’s wife had the pie of the day, and she thought it was delicious. We on a time limit so we didn’t stop for pudding or coffee, but the wine by glass was tasty and good value for money. Atmosphere was muted, but it was a Monday lunch and the weather was awful. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited January 2014

Klaipeda, Lithuania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Beautiful interior, delicious food and great cocktails! We were happy to come across such an amazing place.

• Visited January 2014
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Don't get me started...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

The cocktails here are phenominal!
The price is worth it when you take a look around and really get to know the fresh taste. Time goes in to each one and it shows.
In love!

• Visited September 2013
Carlisle
“2 weeks in a row my sunday dinner been sent back COLD :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'm a bit of a regular or should I say I was!!! It kills me to say this as Gilded Lily was always my 1st choice but over the last few months the whole experience has got worse. It started off with bill been wrong on a couple of occasions with things left off and even extra things added then next it was slow service and I mean slow service but the last 2 weekends along with VERY slow service my Sunday dinner was sent back both weekends as mash and veg lukewarm and roast beef meat stone cold. It was put right but by time I got it back hot this weekend my family had almost finished, I have to say it was yummy in the end but all these errors are making me visit less often :(

Visited December 2013
Northamptonshire
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Found by accident, but very glad we did. Service was good and the food was great. Rekordaleg on tap was brilliant and the cajun chicken burger was fantastic.