“Lovely cocktails, good food”
Review of Gilded Lily - CLOSED

Gilded Lily
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We came here on a Saturday lunch time for a girls day out. The cocktails were the best we had that day (will definately be back for a Passion Drop). It was very busy, but the staff were very accommodating and the atmosphere is good, so we didn't mind waiting for a table. The food very good, perhaps a tad on the expensive side for the quantity but the quality does make up for it, for a special occasion. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I've always liked the GL. I was surprised about the write up regarding their rating on "scores on doors" as the food has never been a cause for concern when served - always tasty and looks and smells great. Wine really good. Good choice.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Gilded Lily was an extremely pleasant surprise, well worth the detour into Carlisle on a long drive North. The service was excellent and the food was better. The venison pie (a special of the day) was perhaps the best we'd ever tried, not the usual bowl of stew with a pastry 'hat' but rather a generous slice of a real pie with deep flavours and wonderful textures. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

For a bar come bistro in the centre of Carlisle the food is really very good, if not excellent, exceeding any other eatery in its category in the city. Metro style mood with a good sound system its relaxed and upmarket feel is precisely what traditional Carlisle needs to broaden its taste buds.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I pop in to the GILDED LILY from time to time ...in fact I do not go elsewhere in Carlisle.
Always likely to see others I know there and so adds spice to the evening.
I find service and food good(food invariably excellent) but staff know me as a regular.
I see many items of the furniture contents have price labels on them ...gosh that is a new one on me!
One can take home (or arrange to have delievered) virtually any item of the contents BUT at the price stated.
More than a novelty feature and so congratulations are merited to the GILDED LILY.

1  Thank OLDLOCHINVAR