“Appalling”

Gallo Rosso
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant serves you expensive food in small portions, half cooked and their staff have been trained to give minimum attention to customer by manager who is so abrupt when you complain that she will make you feel like it's your fault complaining about their service. We were taken into a room where nobody was sitting, a bit like the outcast and then after serving food they never asked if we wanted any water or wine or any drinks. We were left in a room with no atmosphere and when we asked why a main course was such a small portion the manager said sorry but that's our portion size and there is nothing we can do about that. If you want good food and good service for the price you pay then don't go there because you will be disappointed and don't dare complain because you will be given a guilt trip. The manager should go round other restaurants and take some tips on how to treat customers!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'd recommend anyone planning to eat here have their tea before coming. The portion sizes are pathetic, seriously over priced for what they are. My dessert consisted of a couple of mouth full's of sticky toffee pudding with one scoop of ice cream for the painful sum of £5.90!
Arrived hungry, left hungry! Ended up getting a pizza on my way back home to fill me up good and proper.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Have just had a birthday meal and the service & food was excellent. There were six of us in the party & we all had our food served at the same time. The waiter serving us was very attentive & friendly. The drinks are not overpriced. It is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We've just been to the Gallo Rosso, Parkhouse, Carlisle for Sunday lunch to celebrate my wife's and our friend's birthdays. We've been previously for evening meals but this was the first Sunday lunch. The food was exceptional and very nicely presented. The total cost of food and drink was very reasonable. I would certainly go again on a Sunday !! Closed on a Tuesday.

1  Thank George D
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Over a period of years my wife and myself have eaten lunch here many times and it is consistently excellent.Service slick everything a delight in presentation and flavour.