“Great Italian option!”

Gianni's Ristorante
Ranked #32 of 364 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gianni's Restaurant is established in 1986. We are a Family running restaurant. Function room is available for Parties, students nights, business meetings. Please check our Website for our Midweek special Theme nights. Our guests are our friends.
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were going to our normal selected restuarant but opted for a change and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We asked for Foccacia to nibble on and even though it wasn't listed on the menu - the waiter said it was not a problem and some duly arrived from the kitchen. Choice of food is a good range - the usual pizzas and pasta but also somegood meat / other foods on offer. Home made Minestrone as a starter was very tasty! Pasta not overcooked which you often find and all the food was piping hot! We were pretty impressed and would gladgly pay another visit! Prices also very reasonable!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Heard lots of good reviews of Gianni's, and was rather disappointed by our trip. It was a busy evening, with some large groups and this may have explained the slow service and having run out of a couple of things.
The room was pleasantly decorated but the tables were basic, uncovered and wobbled a lot. The food was hot and plentiful, but bland and could only be described at mediocre.
I won't be in a rush to visit again

Reviewed 27 November 2013

With friends I had a dinner in Gianni's on 21.11.2013.I am quite familiar with such restaurants, both in Carlisle and elsewhere.My dinner was excellent; freshly cooked, full of flavour, and delivered to me straight from the pan.It was quite definitely the best I Italian meal of my life.
So impressed was I,that a few days later, I entertained sophisticated friends from Edinburgh to a lunch.Again, I was highly delighted with my own meal, and my friends were so impressed with what they'd eaten. Talked about it ever since. Praise indeed. WELL DONE GIANNI'S.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We enjoyed a very authentic Italian meal to celebrate our Grandson's 13th birthday.
This is a very intimate dining area with pleasant and helpful staff.
A good choice of dishes available and the whole family enjoyed their food.
It was very busy especially for early evening on a Thursday I would advise you to book.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The title says it all. One thing that is particularly irritating is the waiters. Just bring my food and then go away please.