County Hotel
US$189
US$176
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel(Carlisle)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$81
PremierInn.com
All reviewstired and in needtea and coffee making facilitiesfull english breakfastcomfy bedexcellent value for moneyrevampstopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As the heading says this is a tired hotel in urgent need of some TLC. Our room was OK and the food was acceptable bearing in mind we were in a group which had a seperate dining room to the other residents. Our room was on the second floor and the carpet on the stairs was not just worn, it was a health and safety hazard!! The hotel lacked any atmosphere and its only saving grace was that the dining room and bar staff were a cheerful and very helpful lot. Would we stay there again? An emphatic NO

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 24 August 2014

When I read previous reviews of this hotel I almost cancelled, so glad I didnt! Okay, so its not a modern chain hotel, its an older building and the inside has a lot of charm. The rooms I saw were roomy, bed was clean and comfy. Perhaps the furnishings were a bit dated but sufficent for our needs. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect. I would return if I was going back to Carlisle.

Room Tip: Room at back nice and quiet. No traffic noise!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The service at the reception desk was friendly and efficient.
You could see the building was once very luxurious and impressive but now it's fading and in need of a make over.
Besides that, the location is great, the beds are good and the sheets clean.
If you are picky about bathrooms: they are outdated and there were lots of pipes and plumbing in sight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BelgianLaurie
Reviewed 18 August 2014

While in pursuit of accommodation at the County Hotel. My aim to secure two rooms for myself and my work colleague were unsuccessful. After waiting at reception to enquire, the receptionist informed me that no vacancy’s existed for that night.

I returned to my car and called other hotels in the area to secure accommodation, we never left the car unattended at any time. We then left car park and proceeded to the alternate hotel. Why a hotel chain would then claim £100 parking charge is beyond me, as guests at the hotel do not pay parking and my intention was to be a guest that evening.

Being in the hotel car park for genuine reasons and not looking to park unlawfully.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank MontyGee
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Having read some poor reviews before my visit , I was pleasantly surprised and well pleased with my stay, the restaurant, food and staff were very good, the menu choice was to my liking, the hotel was very clean and the room was fine, there as some little problems that need attention but I'm sure this is in hand, I would not hesitate in choosing this hotel if I ever come back to Carlisle, an enjoyable stay, thanks to the friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple