“Very nice wedding do”

Price range: US$28 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of the Eden Valley in Cumbria, we are a family run wedding venue & restaurant along with offering private function and accommodation. Located between Carlisle & Penrith and boasting our own 1and 1 and 1/2 acres of English Country side gardens, the Heather Glen is the perfect place to celebrate those special occasions, whether it be a meal with friends and family, or to have the exclusive use of our Country House for your big day, whatever it may be, the Heather Glen offers the complete package. We are now pleased to announce the completion of our four new luxury bedrooms (in addition to our three original) for Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Six bedrooms include ensuite facilities with shower and in addition our new Premiere/Bridal Suite includes stand alone twin tub bath. Prices per room per night double occupancy Premiere suite £190 Three Luxury Bedrooms each £160 Three Classic Bedrooms each £130
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very nice wedding do”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

All very nice, been a couple of times and its lovely place, tidy smart and nice staff..
Good food, waitress even brought me extra pudding which was really kind of her..
Recommend anybody to go

Visited January 2012

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“.”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

attended a wedding here where we were served soup/duck followed by roast beef. The food was superb. Best roast beef I have ever eaten!

Visited April 2012
Glasgow
“Delicious food in beautiful setting.”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I visited this restuarant on Saturday night with my parents, it is a little out of the way but well worth the extra few miles drive. Lovely restaurant, modern, clean, bright and airy. Attentive and well turned out staff who obviously have had some training and know how to look after guests. Well stocked bar with good selection of drinks. But most importantly very good menu with fantastic food, I had cod and chorizo to start, my mum had melon and my dad had the stuffed mushroom, for the main course I had fillet steak (medium to well done and it was cooked to perfection and melt in the mouth) with a mustard sauce and gratin potatoes and vegatable, my dad had the mixed grill and my mum had salmon with chips and veg, all the food was hot when served to us and the plates had been heated. Despite being stuffed we were so impressed with the quality and standard of the food we couldn't resist ordering deserts, I ordered the pancake and my mum ordred the chocolate and hazelnut roulade, my dad opted for an Irish coffee.

We could not fault one thing and will definetly return to this venue. I would recommend the Heather Glen without hesitation.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Littlefrog13
Penrith, United Kingdom
“***FIRST CLASS***”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

On the 25th May 2012 I had my wedding reception at the Heather Glen and I can honestly say everything was first class. From our initial enquiry we were greeted by Judith the manager who was very helpful, knowledgable and totally flexible with our plans. On our big day everything happened so smoothly and relaxed. All our guests have praised the venue, the food was exceptional (highly recommend the assiette of desserts) and their staff are a total credit to them. Prices were very reasonable and nothing was ever too much trouble. They catered for our vegetarian and celiac guests to an exceptional standard which they both said they were not used to which made a real difference. Even the breakfast the following day was truely amazing!! I would highly recommend this venue and beleive our friends are already planning to have their reception there too following my wedding.

• Visited May 2012
“Fantastic wedding party”
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

We were here recently for a friends wedding, the venue is beautiful with great views. The food was faultless each course was very very tasty. Service was good considering the amount of people they were feeding. Was my first time at this establishment & hopefully it wont be the last. Would definitely recommend the heather glen to anyone