“Good hotel and location, you know what you're getting with a P.I”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Yorkshire
“Good hotel and location, you know what you're getting with a P.I”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Location wise it was perfect for me, literally just off the motorway and not too far from the office.

The rooms are a little dated (compared the Premier Inn I’d stayed in in Manchester a few weeks previous) but still the nice, warm and clean rooms you come to expect from a Premier Inn. Not the most sound proof either, I could hear a lot of traffic noise from the car park and main road (OK for me but not if you’re a light sleeper) and I was also awoken by the couple in the room next door, arguing at 6am. Not the hotels fault, they can’t pick their guests.

All the staff I met were lovely and very helpful, especially the younger ones in the restaurant who were also polite and chatty – a credit to the hotel.

Food wise, I’d eaten here before and knew it was nice. The evening meal was delicious, opted for a steak which was cooked well but a little too fatty for me, still tasty though. They did an offer which was 3 courses and a premier breakfast for £22!! Total bargain, so we chose this. The breakfasts are always great in Premier Inns and this one was no exception.

All in all a great stay and I’d return, but would perhaps ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it seems like it would be quieter.

Room Tip: Perhaps round the back of the hotel might be quieter, away from the car park and main road/s
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that we delivered on our good night guarantee and that you found your room clean and comfortable and the team friendly and helpful. I’m pleased to hear that you took advantage of the meal deal and enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant, I do agree it’s fantastic value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44, please do not hesitate to contact the reception team in advance and we will be more than happy to allocate you a room at the back of the hotel.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

staff really helpful and there when needed, meals really nice and great bar. wheelchair lift really not good for somebody who needs help pushing switch, i had a fall going down at the side of my son.carpets in hall ways very bad if you have trouble walking with a stick could do with some work done. but over the weekend a little sleep friday but saturday no sleep at all with the bus full of girls running around and banging doors. gald to go home. but like i say STAFF great.

Room Tip: if you want a break go to a smaller one.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you had a less than enjoyable stay with us and had difficulty using the wheelchair lift, please do not hesitate to ask one of the team for assistance if you choose to stay with us again, I do appreciate that it can be awkward to operate. We are due a refurbishment in the near future which will include new carpets in the hallway, in the meantime I will ask the maintenance team to assess the issue.

I am also sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by fellow guests in the hotel, we did have two young sports teams staying with us over the weekend which isn’t the norm. I believe that you have since received a refund for your stay under our good night guarantee and I do hope that this isolated incident has not deterred you from staying at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me at dorene.mcdavid@whitbread.com to discuss your experience further.

Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Firstly and most importantly, this Premier Inn is every bit as good as others I have stayed in as regards room quality, level of service and niceness of staff. We had a good night's sleep and got the £29 deal. But.... it's pretty unattractive externally and the interior isn't particularly inviting, either. It's PI's policy to accommodate single female guests on the first floor (for security purposes). Because of the slightly strange layout, this meant we had to go down a half flight of stairs then up a further half flight - and there's no lift. Not a problem really but my travelling companion is 86 and could have done without the walk. Carrying cases would have been a problem but the staff offered to do this for us so that was fine.The restaurant (Thyme) menu is OK but no more than that. Breakfast, however, is tip-top, up to PI's usual standard.I'm left wondering whether the 'plainness' of this PI explains why the deal was £29 when the other nearby PI appeared as £39. No idea.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m pleased that we met with your expectations for the most part and that you found your room clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. As I am sure that you could probably tell we are not a purpose built Premier Inn, I am sorry that you were less than impressed with the general appearance however we are due a refurbishment in the near future which will certainly bring improvements. Despite this I’m glad that we delivered on our good night guarantee and that you had a great nights sleep. If you would like to be allocated a ground floor room for any future stays with us please do not hesitate to contact reception before you arrive. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 in the future.

Lichfield
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stopped here before.The good thing about premier inns is you know what to expect.Clean rooms good basic facilities.Food pleasant pub grub standard evening meal.Good buffet breakfast with decent ingrediants.Very pleasant local staff very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m pleased that we met with your usual expectations for Premier Inn and that you found your room clean and comfortable and the team helpful. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal in the Thyme Restaurant and had a good quality breakfast to start your day. I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.

Dundee
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Good hotel, ideal base to stop off during long journey. Ideal for meeting up with friends. Good location. I would recommend this hotel for couples or families. I think the menu in the bar could be reviewed to give a better variety as not everyone wants to sit in a restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree we are in an ideal location for breaking up a long journey on the motorway and just a short drive into Carlisle city centre if you ever want to go and explore. You’ll be pleased to be hear that the bar menu is under review, we do currently offer the full restaurant menu in the bar before 7pm most evenings. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here as a last-minute booking on an extremely stormy night - was unable to get home. Despite turning up at 0100, the staff were friendly and attentive, and asked if there was anyone I needed to contact to get home.

The hotel design is a little odd. I think that this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn or similar, as the layout is not the same as others - you actually have to go downstairs to get to the rooms! The communal areas are in some places in need of updating, but I am sure that Premier Inn are onto this!

Had an excellent night's sleep with a good shower/bath. Sadly some drunken idiot knocked on my door at 5am, but this could happen anywhere and is not the fault of the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are disabled, have a care as there is no lift to the main room corridor. There is a large &qu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that the team looked after you well and were friendly and attentive, I do hope you had a safe journey home in the end during the exceptionally bad weather we had! I’m delighted that we delivered on our good night guarantee and that you had an excellent night’s sleep despite being disturbed by a worst for wear guest. Reception are always on hand 24-7 if you ever has this problem again. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the near future.

Kirkcaldy Fife Scotland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I were on a 2 night break to Carlisle and whilst doing a bit of shopping at the retail park we thought a quick lunch and a beer. Our first impressions of the building created all sorts of questions from a factory to a school even a mental hospital but step inside and you enter a different world this is a very nice place indeed. We entered the Thyme bar and we were greeted by Shirley as our stay progressed Shirley was the star of the show she never stopped always cheery always working hard serving drinks and food and a quick chat in between well done you. The food was great as well superbly presented and very tasty. On departure A quick chat to the wonderful lady on reception who told us about the building in its formal life and we were introduced to the head chef who was sadly supervising as he had a broken arm we wish him well. Full marks to this hotel wish we stayed here and sorry for suggesting it was a mental hospital in its formal life (oops).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree that on first impressions we certainly don’t look like a Premier Inn but I’m pleased that you were impressed with the interior. I will pass on your kind comments to Shirley who I am sure will be delighted, the team work hard to ensure we deliver the best possible service to all of guests and it’s always wonderful to see this recognised. I do hope that you choose to stay at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 when you are next visiting and we look forward to welcoming you.