I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Location wise it was perfect for me, literally just off the motorway and not too far from the office.
The rooms are a little dated (compared the Premier Inn I’d stayed in in Manchester a few weeks previous) but still the nice, warm and clean rooms you come to expect from a Premier Inn. Not the most sound proof either, I could hear a lot of traffic noise from the car park and main road (OK for me but not if you’re a light sleeper) and I was also awoken by the couple in the room next door, arguing at 6am. Not the hotels fault, they can’t pick their guests.
All the staff I met were lovely and very helpful, especially the younger ones in the restaurant who were also polite and chatty – a credit to the hotel.
Food wise, I’d eaten here before and knew it was nice. The evening meal was delicious, opted for a steak which was cooked well but a little too fatty for me, still tasty though. They did an offer which was 3 courses and a premier breakfast for £22!! Total bargain, so we chose this. The breakfasts are always great in Premier Inns and this one was no exception.
All in all a great stay and I’d return, but would perhaps ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it seems like it would be quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning a big event, you want a big hotel. Premier Inn Hotel Carlisle M6 Jct 44 is the largest hotel in Cumbria, and ideally situated for the Lake District and Scotland. So if you're travelling with a big group, or you're just looking for the perfect stop over, we're the ideal choice. The fun comes in all shapes and sizes in Carlisle. Live it large on Lake Windermere, with a boat trip up the UK's biggest natural lake. Or take a little trip back in time in time along Hadrian's Wall. Climb England's highest peak, or see an exhibition of small but perfectly formed objects at Tullie House Museum. Then recharge your batteries with a meal at our restaurant, and a night in our hugely comfy beds. This hotel has 7 air conditioned meeting rooms, which can accommodate up to 110 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room through our website. Directions: Leave M6 J44, follow A7 for Carlisle. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights and then take the first right. This takes you into the hotel car park. Transport and local information: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Carlisle Castle Gretna Green & The Blacksmiths Anvil Carlisle Train Station 2.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carlisle (m6, Jct 44) Hotel Carlisle
- Premier Inn m6 j44
- Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel Cumbria