We arrived at the Premier Inn (9 of us with 7 bikes and 2 trailers) and despite being a large group we were seen to swiftly and the bikes safely stored. The room was slightly disappointing, it was advertised as a double and a twin, well the second twin bed was a mattress on the floor! Nonetheless, the shower was hot and the room was clean.
After getting ready we went for some food. Being a big group we expected a wait so we sat in bar to wait for a table. When we were seated the waitress explained that there would may be a delay as a big group had just ordered food. This delay turned into over an hour and a half for food! They did bring the children's food out sooner, however even that wasn't quick, was over an hour wait! When the food did arrive, the sides did not come, and one of the adult meal was forgotten about. Upon receiving the adults food, we asked if the children could have some free ice cream as they were getting restless. This did not come and had to be asked for again.
Yes it was busy, however that service was unacceptable. We wish we had gone to McDonald's, would have been cheaper and at least the wait would have been quicker!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning a big event, you want a big hotel. Premier Inn Hotel Carlisle M6 Jct 44 is the largest hotel in Cumbria, and ideally situated for the Lake District and Scotland. So if you're travelling with a big group, or you're just looking for the perfect stop over, we're the ideal choice. The fun comes in all shapes and sizes in Carlisle. Live it large on Lake Windermere, with a boat trip up the UK's biggest natural lake. Or take a little trip back in time in time along Hadrian's Wall. Climb England's highest peak, or see an exhibition of small but perfectly formed objects at Tullie House Museum. Then recharge your batteries with a meal at our restaurant, and a night in our hugely comfy beds. This hotel has 7 air conditioned meeting rooms, which can accommodate up to 110 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room through our website. Directions: Leave M6 J44, follow A7 for Carlisle. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights and then take the first right. This takes you into the hotel car park. Transport and local information: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Carlisle Castle Gretna Green & The Blacksmiths Anvil Carlisle Train Station 2.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carlisle (m6, Jct 44) Hotel Carlisle
- Premier Inn m6 j44
- Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel Cumbria