“Still one of the best in the Premier Inn chain”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Still one of the best in the Premier Inn chain”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel inside a year, and I was pleased to find they've maintained their high standards. The staff are excellent, the beds are comfortable, the restaurant has to be the best one in the chain, and the location is great - conveniently close to the M6, but unaffected by traffic noise. There's a small retail park close by, with Asda and a fast food outlet also within walking distance.

As before, be aware that you'll have to navigate at least a few steps to all rooms, there are no lifts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us and you feel we are still maintaining our high standards with an excellent team, comfortable beds and a great restaurant. I do agree, we are very fortunate to be located so close to the M6 but still remain unaffected by traffic noise. I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at the Premier Inn (9 of us with 7 bikes and 2 trailers) and despite being a large group we were seen to swiftly and the bikes safely stored. The room was slightly disappointing, it was advertised as a double and a twin, well the second twin bed was a mattress on the floor! Nonetheless, the shower was hot and the room was clean.

After getting ready we went for some food. Being a big group we expected a wait so we sat in bar to wait for a table. When we were seated the waitress explained that there would may be a delay as a big group had just ordered food. This delay turned into over an hour and a half for food! They did bring the children's food out sooner, however even that wasn't quick, was over an hour wait! When the food did arrive, the sides did not come, and one of the adult meal was forgotten about. Upon receiving the adults food, we asked if the children could have some free ice cream as they were getting restless. This did not come and had to be asked for again.

Yes it was busy, however that service was unacceptable. We wish we had gone to McDonald's, would have been cheaper and at least the wait would have been quicker!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night as an emergency stop over, the location is great for access to the M6, I did think £78 was top end for a Premier Inn on a Tuesday night, considering I booked in at 5 and that they only had twin rooms available.
The corridor to my room is a bit tatty but my room was very clean & the shower was immaculate and powerful.
I had the meal deal for dinner, £22.99 for 3 courses, including a beer, and breakfast too, thanks to Steve for his great service.
Breakfast is good too and plenty of it if you are hungry.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I’m sorry to hear that you felt the rate was too high, our rates reflect our occupancy levels therefore they do increase on busier nights. The best rates can be found by booking in advance at premierinn.com. I’m delighted that you found your room clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your meal deal, I’ll certainly pass on your kind comments to Steve. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Only stayed one night, the staff were lovely and most apologetic that our room booking was not correct. Food good. Rooms very basic in need of a refit. Not awful but not as good as it could be........

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that our rooms did not meet with your usual expectations for Premier Inn, we are in line for a refurbishment in the near future which will certainly improve this. On the other hand I’m pleased that you found the team friendly and that you enjoyed your meals in the Thyme Restaurant. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.

Wolverhampton
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I must admit check in and room were fine, never had a problem with either at any premier inn. I run a UK sales team and personally set up a premier inn business account for all the sales team, as I have said I personally up until now have rated premier inn as a good all round product for business, until now. The most regular complaint from my employees has been the food / service and until now I have found it difficult to comprehend.
After two days at the premier inn Livingston I made my way down to Carlisle j44, I didn't arrive until gone 8pm so straight to the room for a shower before a much needed evening meal. The restaurant was busy and I ambled up to the entrance at 8.55 expecting a wait , the manager asked me if I had booked and I said no but I was hoping I could get in and was happy to wait. He told me I would have to give him 5 minutes and if I wanted to go to the bar area he would come down to me very shortly.
To cut a long story short he came past me 3 times in the next 30 minutes, smiled but didn't say a word. Finally at 8.40 I asked him how long I would have to wait because I was extremely hungry, answer was sorry I forgot about you and restaurants now closed, off he went. I walked over to reception and asked what time the restaurant stopped serving and was told 10pm with last orders a 9.45. I explained what had gone on and I got a sigh from the girl on front desk which relayed to me as oh no, not again!
If you don't book here, expect to be treated badly, I am absolutely flabbergasted as to how I have been treated and have written this review at 10pm on the night.
Premier Inn you are now under review and if you have problem staff, take complaints seriously as I should have.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paula-Carl
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I am very sorry to hear of your experience, this certainly isn't the standards we aim for. I would greatly appreciate if you could email the food and beverage manager on f&bmgrcarlisle.pti@whitbread.com so that we can investigate this incident further.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A very pleasant stay. The staff and service were excellent.
This hotel has a Bible in every bedroom which I found very helpful helpful and refreshing.
If you want a quiet stay with good facilities then this is the Premier in for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found we delivered an excellent service and good facilities. You’ll be pleased to hear that it is company policy to provide a bible in every room so you will find this across all of our Premier Inns. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

As always, each time we stay here the Reception staff make us feel very welcome. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and warm. Never really consider staying anywhere else when coming to Carlisle. Generally very quiet and we sleep well. Like the 12 noon check out. We usually check out before but good to know there's no rush!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a second review for our Premier Inn. I am delighted that you are always warmly welcomed at reception and you find your rooms clean and comfortable. I do agree- it’s always nice to have the option of a nice long lie in! It’s lovely to hear that we are your first choice of accommodation when you visit Carlisle and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct 44 in the future.