Travelling back from Scotland, our family were in need of a place to stay for the night. The initial impressions from the outside were that the hotel could have been a poor choice but after entering the room I was pleasantly surprised where the saying don't judge a book by its cover rings true for this hotel. Clean rooms, nice large TV with all the channels and a very comfy bed all at a reasonable price. I was suitably impressed by the breakfast in the morning again at a great price with pleasant staff attending. Admittedly the paint and bathroom in the hotel was rather dated and the hotel itself looks tired but if you are just staying the night and moving on then this is a great place to stay. The only recommendation I would have for the hotel is to make the far wing more accessible if you are going to put families down there which I had no issues with, maybe look at opening one of the fire doors to be another back door to the car park - arriving late and leaving relatively early I was conscious about the noise that our kids and luggage made for the other patrons and it was quite a hike with many suitcases.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning a big event, you want a big hotel. Premier Inn Hotel Carlisle M6 Jct 44 is the largest hotel in Cumbria, and ideally situated for the Lake District and Scotland. So if you're travelling with a big group, or you're just looking for the perfect stop over, we're the ideal choice. The fun comes in all shapes and sizes in Carlisle. Live it large on Lake Windermere, with a boat trip up the UK's biggest natural lake. Or take a little trip back in time in time along Hadrian's Wall. Climb England's highest peak, or see an exhibition of small but perfectly formed objects at Tullie House Museum. Then recharge your batteries with a meal at our restaurant, and a night in our hugely comfy beds. This hotel has 7 air conditioned meeting rooms, which can accommodate up to 110 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room through our website. Directions: Leave M6 J44, follow A7 for Carlisle. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights and then take the first right. This takes you into the hotel car park. Transport and local information: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Carlisle Castle Gretna Green & The Blacksmiths Anvil Carlisle Train Station 2.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Premier Inn, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carlisle (m6, Jct 44) Hotel Carlisle
- Premier Inn m6 j44
- Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel Cumbria