“Everything you need and nothing you don't!”

Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Sydney, Australia
“Everything you need and nothing you don't!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Travelling back from Scotland, our family were in need of a place to stay for the night. The initial impressions from the outside were that the hotel could have been a poor choice but after entering the room I was pleasantly surprised where the saying don't judge a book by its cover rings true for this hotel. Clean rooms, nice large TV with all the channels and a very comfy bed all at a reasonable price. I was suitably impressed by the breakfast in the morning again at a great price with pleasant staff attending. Admittedly the paint and bathroom in the hotel was rather dated and the hotel itself looks tired but if you are just staying the night and moving on then this is a great place to stay. The only recommendation I would have for the hotel is to make the far wing more accessible if you are going to put families down there which I had no issues with, maybe look at opening one of the fire doors to be another back door to the car park - arriving late and leaving relatively early I was conscious about the noise that our kids and luggage made for the other patrons and it was quite a hike with many suitcases.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Adam B
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value our guests’ feedback and during our next refurbishment we will certainly take on board your suggestions for an alternative entrance and exit for the family wing. I am also confident that our refurbishment will vastly improve the areas of the hotel you feel are looking tired and dated. Despite your initial impressions and the long walk to your room I am delighted that you had a clean and comfortable stay and that you enjoyed a great breakfast before continuing on with your journey. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Junction 44 when you are next in the area.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Southampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The server in the restaurant Bethany was excellent, lots of banter exactly what I enjoy. However by the time we got severed I felt sorry for her. Hardly anything left on the menu and we had to wait for our reservation until late, when I'm sure we could have been dealt with sooner.

If it wasn't for Beth and the fact it was so late we would have gone else where!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank anlaeola
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience in our Thyme Restaurant. This is certainly not the standards that we aim for and I'd appreciate if you could take the time to email our food and beverage manager on f&bmgrcarlisle.pti@whitbread.com to enable us to investigate this further and hopefully restore your faith in us. On the other hand, thank you very much for your lovely comments about Bethany, I'll certainly pass these on and I'm sure that she'll be delighted to read them.

Gagnac-sur-cere, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Comfortable, clean room, right next to the motorway - important to me as I was stopping over on the way to visit family in Scotland. Friendly staff. Sadly I didn't spot the back entrance into the hotel from the car park, and so I did a complete tour on arrival. However the back entrance was very handy on departure because it was raining!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris G
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree we are in an excellent location for the motorway but fortunate enough to escape the road noise! I'm delighted that we delivered our usual standards with a clean and comfortable room and friendly team. I'm pleased to say that following on from the feedback we have received from our guests we are awaiting new signage which will make the rear entrance much more clear. We hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 when you are next travelling up to Scotland.

stoke on trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Booked this room to break up journey to Scotland and had a £29 deal for the night. Everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations for the £29 price tag. Room was basic but clean and very comfy. Staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us. We had breakfast and evening meal deal which was great value. Food and drink was good and reasonably priced. Would definitely stay again. Hotel rooms are on 2 floors and it would be good if a lift was installed because we had heavy suitcases to lift.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauline c
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I'm delighted to hear that you managed to get one of our bargain £29 rates and that the value for money exceeded your expectations. I'm pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and the team friendly and helpful and I do agree the meal deal is fantastic value! Unfortunately we do not have a lift but please don't struggle with your luggage, there's always someone on hand to assist you or the reception team will be more than happy to allocate a ground floor room if requested prior to arrival. We hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 when you are next breaking up your journey.

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here

First stay was much better

All the disabled parking was u available for use due to them getting re painted over the coming days

Check in was quick and simple

Room on first impressions looked ok 306
But on closer inspection plaster coming away from the frame round the window
Beds all nicely made and very comfy

Toilet was stiff to flush and by morning it had broken

Had dinner which was average burgers were slightly undercooked
Drinks were buy one get one free between 5 and 7 which was great

No air con in room so was very very very hot during the night

Breakfast was usual premier inn lots of choice very hot and freshly made can't really fault it to be honest

Defo stay again as it's in a great location when travelling Down the road and the price is fab if booked in advance

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bringing to our attention a number of issues that you had in room 306. I can assure you that our maintenance team will address these immediately and I can only apologise for any inconvenience these may have caused you during your stay.
Unfortunately it was necessary to block off our disabled parking bays for a short space of time so that we could repaint and widen the spaces after feedback from our guests. You'll be pleased to hear that these are now re-open.
As we are not a purpose built Premier Inn we do not have air conditioned rooms however we do have a policy in place to keep our rooms as cool as possible during the summer months. Extra sheets and fans are always available at reception on request.
On the other hand I am delighted that you had a quick and easy check in and that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning, it's always lovey to hear that our guests will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back to Junction 44.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular user of Premier Inn, as they make good sense from my employers perspective with the account management, good pricing and convenient location. I can say almost without exception that they are always clean and tidy and consistent. Sadly, I've found an exception here. This Premier Inn is just not premier at all I'm afraid. Its old and tired and in need of a lot of TLC. The bar, restaurant and entrance are all up to standard but the corridors are looking old and tired. My room had scuffs and cobwebs and a lovely spider in the bathroom. The bed, as always and pillows were up to their regular standard but the rest just wasn't. It is a huge hotel and I stagger to think how much a refit would cost, but with their own Premier Inn as competition nearby I think I'd try there next time and give this one a miss. Sorry guys, your usual high standard has not been met, you need to do better in this hotel, as I for one will not opt to chose to stay there again and have advised my company to not book us into this one again in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Martyn M
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I can only apologise that we did not meet with your usual expectations for Premier Inn. As many of our other reviews reflect we pride ourselves on our high levels of cleanliness, I'm very disappointed to read that you found cobwebs and a spider in your room, I'll ensure our housekeeping team are extra vigilant during this time of year when we leave our windows open.
We are in line for a full refurbishment however as I am sure you will understand this is an on-going process, this year we've had our new flat screen Samsung televisions and our Hypnos beds are less than a month old. I am confident that when all of the developments have been completed the areas of the hotel you feel look tired and in need of TLC will be vastly improved, perhaps at this point you will reconsider staying with us at Junction 44 again and we would look forward to welcoming you back.

Newcastle-under-Lyme
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

All of the staff were very friendly (almost over-friendly) and helpful.
The room was rather basic and showed its age but all of the facilities were adequate. Unfortunately, we found the bed uncomfortable and the duvet was more suitable for winter than a warm summer's day. When we mentioned this on checking out, we were reminded of the good night's sleep guarantee and told that we would get a refund!
The food in the restaurant was quite good and the "meal deal" was a bargain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I'm pleased that you found our team friendly and helpful and the hotel in a convenient location for the M6 although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your bed. Our beds are actually the brand new hypnos beds and are less than a month old, if you believe that your bed may have been faulty I’d greatly appreciate if you could email me at dorene.mcdavid@whitbread.com with your room number or reservation details so that we can rectify this for our future guests. I’m pleased that you benefited from our good night guarantee and I do agree, the meal deal is a great bargain! I hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 in the future.