Booked here for 2 nights in July 2014 but left after just one.
The room was like a prison cell, the toilet was tiny, you couldnt enter the toilet if someone was on it .
The doorframe around the door to the room itself was hanging off as if someone had tried to enter the room while someone inside the room had left the door chain on thereby pulling the frame away, leaving several nails exposed.
The wooden frame around the internal door was severely scraped and scratched.
The Tv and bed were fine and the restaurant looked nice but the straw that broke our stay was the useless wifi.
Paid £10 for the week and had used several days of the pass at Kendal Premier inn where while very slow at least the wifi produced some response on our laptop.
But here we were fortunate if a webpage loaded after 10 minutes !
Honestly in about 6 hours we must have browsed no less than a dozen pages.
In the end we tethered my wifes phone to get some browsing done.
Told the man at the desk who said "yeah we need to change provider"
No apology, no service , no refund !
Hmm great service Premier inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning a big event, you want a big hotel. Premier Inn Hotel Carlisle M6 Jct 44 is the largest hotel in Cumbria, and ideally situated for the Lake District and Scotland. So if you're travelling with a big group, or you're just looking for the perfect stop over, we're the ideal choice. The fun comes in all shapes and sizes in Carlisle. Live it large on Lake Windermere, with a boat trip up the UK's biggest natural lake. Or take a little trip back in time in time along Hadrian's Wall. Climb England's highest peak, or see an exhibition of small but perfectly formed objects at Tullie House Museum. Then recharge your batteries with a meal at our restaurant, and a night in our hugely comfy beds. This hotel has 7 air conditioned meeting rooms, which can accommodate up to 110 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room through our website. Directions: Leave M6 J44, follow A7 for Carlisle. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights and then take the first right. This takes you into the hotel car park. Transport and local information: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Carlisle Castle Gretna Green & The Blacksmiths Anvil Carlisle Train Station 2.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Premier Inn and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carlisle (m6, Jct 44) Hotel Carlisle
- Premier Inn m6 j44
- Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel Cumbria