“great hotel”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

we stayed on a Wednesday night after being at the races. we were welcomed and allocated a room immediately. we were celebrating our anniversary and we were given a lovely spacious room. we decided to stay a second night, as the hotel was so good. breakfast was first class as well, good food and variety. I would highly recommend this hotel. we have stayed there many times and it is the best hotel in Carlisle. well located next to station and minutes from the centre. staff are all extremely friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
hall1qy, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Carlisle, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Its always nice to hear when people have enjoyed themselves with us and that the team have looked after you. I will pass on all your comments to them they will be thrilled.
We very much hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Claire Flint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Thai first
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

my wife and i stayed here over the end of may bank holiday. we had a nice chilled out time, room was big and comfortable. we had breakfast twice was very good, had dinner in first nite, menu could be better, had the fish n chips not normaly something i would have but was amazing. staff so nice and friendly too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
hall1qy, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Carlisle, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on all your comments to the team and we do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing room, very comfortable bed and great facilities. We stayed here on our wedding night and it was a perfect luxurious room to relax in. We didn't check in until 1am but nothing was an issue, the night staff were lovely.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your room.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I didn't stay in a room. I had a 4 hour wait for my train Into London. The lovely staff were extremely helpful. I had a coke at the bar, ordered food but was allowed to put it in the fridge until later (cold sandwich) brought a packet of crisps and another coke from the bar. The receptionist was lovely, allowed me to place my large bag away safe and gave me the wifi codes. The bar lady (blonde) was extremely helpful too. The night porter also was delightful to chat to and help with any queries or worries I had. I was allowed to stay inside the lobby until my train at 01:20. Brilliant staff members and lush food. I will definitely recommend to others

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and comments about the staff. I was delighted to hear that they looked after you whilst you waited for your train and I will pass the comments onto the members of the team responsible.
We do hope to see you again in the future.

Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay over two nights and were very well looked after by the attentive and helpful staff. The food was good too. The bed was comfortable and the hotel has a calm ambience. The bedroom was a little too warm and stuffy, but we were provided with a fan so kept cool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Really helpful location if you are travelling by train which we were - hotel right next door to station. We were part of a group and were given our own dining room for evening meal and breakfast so not sure if this review is relevant to people travelling on their own. We peeped into the normal breakfast room on our way out and it did seem there were more choices and the food was better set out. The food was uninspiring but edible, and the service polite but not particularly friendly. The room was at the back and looked out over a service yard - noisy as it was hot and they had their doors open. Window only opened a small amount so hot. Worst thing was being kept awake until gone midnight with the sound of singing nearby - dreadful sound too! We were glad this was only for a one night stay. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you accept if you want a quiet outlook. However, not sure how noisy th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and your comments which we do take on board and work with to improve our standards and service.
Your comments about the food shock me this is not something we hear often and we have already received positive feedback from the group that you travelled with, I will pass these onto the Head Chef and his team.
Apologies for the noise disturbance being in the City Centre noise is to be expected, however, we do hope that our neighbouring bars are respectful of our residents and obviously on this occasion this did not happen which I will take up with the manager directly.
Thank you again for your comments and we do hope that you may return sometime in the future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We held our grandsons christening at the hallmark hotel on Sunday 22 June and I would just like to say what a brilliant day we all had the room was set out lovely and the staff and service was outstanding all our guests said how nice the food was so thanks hallmark for making our grandsons day so special

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ken M
Thank you for your fantastic review I am delighted that you enjoyed yourself on such a special day for you and your family.
I will pass on your comments to the team and hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.