“Came later than the rest of my party”

Shanghai Shanghai Oriental Buffet
Ranked #202 of 346 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Gretna Green, United Kingdom
“Came later than the rest of my party”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I came later than the rest of the party I was suppose to arrive with, but they did get a big enough table. It was before new year 2014, My mum did get a table, when I entered, was a bit tired as we had parked at lanes car park, much easier than the pay and display near by, but it was lunch time, it was busy, since I had last visited, Back then, the food tasted great, but now, there was no flavour, the chicken satay were not on sticks anymore, the flavour seemed to have changed, the Singapore noodles seem to taste different since I tried last, tasted like they had changed product to save money, but it was very noticeable, the only thing that hadn't changed were the drinks and desserts. Upon paying, my mum paid, she had a little chat with the lady behind the bar, waited for the rest of the party as they ha to freshen up in the toilet.

When I had to change one of my young daughters nappy, there were no changing tables and the toilets were blocked, was a bit of a challenge changing my daughter on the table top in-between the sink in the ladies.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
“Crap”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went on Saturday wasint impressed one bit I took the family there wasint much food I had to ask if there were putting more food out Which there did then this thing come in she must of had at least 5 kid and there ran amok every were it must of been Giro day never again

• Visited March 2014
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Never Again!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have been to this restaurant once or twice before and can't say I have raved about it but it has been ok, but after my last visit - I will definitely not be back! At first I couldn't believe that the meals were £8.50 each for the buffet. Then we all had soft drinks and they all came in different glasses, mines was in a Strongbow glass. I usually think that the soup is really good but it was cold despite a notice on the wall warning of how hot the soup can get. It was very difficult to find any food that was hot and the chicken was very dry. To put me off even more the toilets were a mess with one even covered in sick. This experience was one that has put me off for ever.

• Visited February 2014
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Shocking”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

It costs each person £8.50 and even though this is for all you can eat, this is only worth it if you are REALLY hungry. We started with Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup, it was ok even though it was COLD. We then preceded to have chicken which was very dry and also COLD. One of us had ribs and they were not cooked properly. Most of the dishes were actually look-warm and I worry how long these dishes actually sit there. We have visited many times since this restaurant opened but now we have decided never to go back.

• Visited February 2014
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Very good food and offered a great choice in different foods nice hot food, and a excellent atmosphere the only down point is I don't think its actually an all you can eat as after our second plate the staff cleared all our cutlery away as if to say your not having anymore...but on the whole it is a good place to eat...