“Very quiet and lovely sheets”
Review of Pinegrove Hotel

Pinegrove Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 14 September 2013

There was absolutely no noise. Flavoured lattes served in the bar. Hot chocolate and biscuits n the room. The mattress was a bit cheap but the bed linens were so comfortable. Awful view from the window. No bath but the shower was great despite looking a but shabby. It was hot and had lots of water. The staff were all lovely and friendly. The breakfast was sufficient but a little standard in quality. Plenty of parking. Too far from town to walk in but very convenient for M6 if commuting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angulimala28

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed here with my family for over 6 months due to a house fire. The hotel is clean, great food(homemade). The staff are great, both professional and friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Yes it is a little outdated but it is in keeping with the building.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel three times, and am about to stay for the fourth time. If you are looking for a posh hotel, newly decorated, mod cons and flash facilities, then this is not the one for you. But if you are looking for a hotel with friendly and attentive staff, a hotel with character, good food and cosiness, then this is the one to choose.
The times that I have stayed have been because of a family bereavement and I cannot fault the staff for their friendliness, sensitivity and helpfulness.
I notice from previous reviews that customers thought the facilities were dreary and cold. I found the hotel to be cosy and warm both in decor and temperature, and I know that if there had been a problem, then the staff would have done their utmost to sort it out for me.
I have eaten at the hotel each time and the food was good value for money. Always hot, and a good selection on the menu. Breakfast is really good! And there is a well-stocked bar too!
This hotel is very good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol P
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was shocked at the dreary inside to this hotel it is really run down and not really clean at all, carpet edges are dirty and the bathroom tiles are mouldy. The room was really cold too I was there with my granddaughter for one night and she is 9yr old and her opinion was (oh are we staying here!!!! she wanted to go some where else but it was late when we arrived so we went out to eat and got out early in the morn. Not good even for a 2star ......

Room Tip: There is'nt any
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank maurCumbria
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Why didnt I smell a rat, because they had all moved out. They where bit overkeen to get my money in advance and once I saw the room it wasnt hard to see why. My night was me and my family clinging on to a bed that had two legs shorter than the others, with the fear of touching the floor which moved. We are now suffering from anxiety, paranoia and fear.. Breakfast involved us hanging on to the bed as they waited for us, ready to grab a hold and feed. The bedbugs where actually more than just a cute little good night rhyme that I would say to my daughter before she goes to sleep. We are now all receiving counselling. Stay safe and avoid.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank cameron1407
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights over The Jubilee weekend. Staff very friendly, beds clean and comfortable. Breakfast adequate. For £32.50pp B&B..what do you expect ...The Hilton !!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRTB
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Spent one night on business. Very nice small hotel.
Made to feel welcome, good sleep, good breakfast.
Very good and friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business