“lovely friendly hotel”
Review of Cumbria Park Hotel

Cumbria Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 18 March 2014

my wife and I stayed Saturday and sunday night.Check in was efficient and quick by the friendly young lady on reception.We were allocated room 204 on the top floor which was nicely decorated,spotlessly clean and large.The bathroom was also spotlessly clean warm with an excellent bath and shower.I feel as some of the negative reviews on here are definitely not a true reflection on this hotel as we had a wonderful two night stay and will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neil1188
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

neil1188,

Your review put a smile on our faces. It's great to get positive feedback from our guests and even better when they 'rubbish' some of the other, negative, ones we have on our page. Myself and the team have been working really hard to drive standards and quality up and its rewarding to see this coming to fruition.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just stayed the one night with my partner, great value hotel, I think the room we stayed in could do with a update, apart from that we had a great time, good breakfast for the price. Staff very friendly. Just a 15min walk into the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Andy H,

Thank you for your most recent review. I'd be interest to know which room you stayed in as we are currently working through a rolling refurbishment of all our bedrooms. Fingers crossed this wasn't one of the newer ones. (I'm sure it wasn't).

The only problem with a rolling refurbishment is the time it takes. Hopefully though, all rooms will be completed within the next six months and then all of our guests can enjoy the investment our company has placed into the business.

Thank you for your positive comments on the breakfast and staff. We have recently changed the breakfast format so it's great to get some feedback on it.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My sister & I had a lovely stay, went to the Sands to watch Evita, just had to walk up the hill & we where back at hotel very handy. the rooms where clean & comfortable, the breakfast was first class in fact we have booked again for the next time we are at the Sands.

Room Tip: Our room looked out on the side street it was very quite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Joannie187,

As you say its really great to be situated so close to the Sands Centre. It offers such great shows and events that we do get really busy some weekends.

We have recently changed the way we serve and present breakfast and you are not the first to comment on its quality. This is great to hear and i'll make sure the chef keeps it up.

We look forward to seeing you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was there on business and also to meet a friend having lived in Carlisle before for many years and remembered the hotel and it previous reputation of being a great hotel .
I must say it still has the great reputation with the friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Robert F,

Thanks for taking to time to leave some feedback with tripadvisor. Its always great to hear when our guests had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

we had a meal in the restaurant and on hindsight I should have sent it back. the liver pate was more liquid than solid and when the melba toast finally arrived it was brown toast which had been buttered and and gone soggy. I think it must have been the chefs night off. the rest of the meal didn't meet expectations and we really felt that we had thrown £50 down the drain. the room was clean, basic, and the beds uncomfortable. we stay in a lot or hotels and this is definitely one we wouldn't stay at again.

Room Tip: choose the premier travel inn further down the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Lynette B,

Thank you for your recent feedback. Positive and negative feedback is always welcomed as it helps us understand what we are doing well and the things we need to review and focus on.

I offer my sincere apologies for the issues you had with your meal in the restaurant, we did let go of our previous head chef in January and whilst the brigade beneath him stepped up to the mark to run the kitchen it appears that in this instance our high standards were not maintained. Again please accept our sincere apologies. On a very positive note we have appointed a Rosette standard Head chef within the last 10 days and things are certainly getting very exciting with the new menus being introduced.

On a more personal note it is very disappointing and a testament of todays online nature/society that instead of this feedback being provided directly and the business having the opportunity to address it some individuals take directly to forums like this and even have the Gall to recommend a different business 'down the road' i jest whether there is a referral fee involved.

Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Located, not too far away at all from Carlisle City Centre, this place turned out to be an ideal stop over when breaking up my long journey from Scotland.
The staff were extremely helpful throughout and I managed to get some well earned relaxation before part 2 of my trip the next day.
The room was great and so was the food. I had both an evening meal and a hearty breakfast in the morning.
What really made my day, or night really, was the fact that they had Jennings Cumberland Ale on! One of my favourite beers! Well you know , what they say - whilst in Cumbria, and all that...
Or was that Rome? Anyway I perhaps had more than I should have on a school night, but I couldn't resist - the beer was in tip top condition and I will be back, when next on my travels.
Couldn't fault the whole experience, many thanks to John et al for looking after us. Thouroughly recommended by yours truly.
D

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

DaMongoose,

Thank you for your most recent feedback. We're really glad we were able to offer, what appears to have been, some much needed rest-bite.

Your positive comments regarding both breakfast and dinner are really exciting as we have recently appointed a new head chef who is really keen on fresh, homemade produce and some of the new dishes being brought out of the kitchen are looking great.

Jennings Cumberland Ale, recently rotated onto Lakeland Stunner (A breath taking vista of pure golden gorgeousness. A full bodied stunner of a beer) If the label is to be believed is a recent addition and its great to learn that our guests are appreciating and enjoying its introduction.

We most definitely look forward to serving your accommodation and Ale needs in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Jessey Bal - Operation Director.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent location, easy to get to from the motorway, very accommodating friendly staff as I had to book in days early and had an extra night after I booked out..lovely building clean rooms plenty of hot water.. It's a little dated decor wise but nothing offensive...extremely good value for money, five mins from Carlisle centre...

• Stayed: March 2014

Ladyredbird21,

It was great to see your recent review. It is always rewarding to get good feedback on the staffs friendly nature. I'm also really pleased that we were able to offer such good value for money.

As referenced in previous responses we are currently refurbishing the property, updating all rooms and public areas. So hopefully when you are back you'll see all the changes.

Kindest regards