“my room let my otherwise good experience down. :(”
Review of Cumbria Park Hotel

Cumbria Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Brampton, United Kingdom
“my room let my otherwise good experience down. :(”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked a double room for my partner and I as were attending a family wedding at the weekend in the hotel. The wedding was great, the food was lovely, a really well organised event by them, the staff really nice and helpful too.But the room let my experience down. Room 114, if your interested. It was small, very small, especially for a double. It was tidy, and clearly newly decorated .but The bed was pushed in a corner, so I had to climb over my partner to get into bed, but it was neatly made, and clean, so I kind of forgave that. When we arrived the window was open, I thought how conciderate to air the room for us, actually the window was broken and didnt close! Which I found out at 1am when we came back after the party, when I really didnt feel like moving rooms, and knew there was no way to solve it then and there. So we were cold. Humph. But it was ok, because in the morning the shower wasnt working properly, and could either be cold, or really really hot so I was very much warmed up after that. Oh, and for a double room, we only got one tea cup for a morning brew when we got up , which just finnished me off to be honest. :( I know it was a cheap booking, and breakfast was included, which was good- a good selection. But just a few details, which happened to accumilate in one room, really let it down. I know that other rooms were better, the bridal suite was lovely, and others said their rooms were ok too. It was just sadly my room led to an unsatisfactory experience for us. :( I did notify staff when I checked out, and she did apologise and say she would notify maintenance, but I felt let down.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
hivision,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the wedding you were attending and that the service was of a high standard.

Regarding the room, 114, firstly i must apologise for your experience within the room. 114 is normally reserved as a double for sole occupancy due to its size. As you'll know the weekend was extremely busy with both the wedding and the porsche club in-house. This meant that all rooms needed to be utilised and the room would have been better suited to a single traveller as opposed to a couple. Regarding the reported maintenance issues, as advised by the checkout staff these are already being investigated by our maintenance team.

We take feedback, both positive and negative very seriously at the hotel. So again thank you for sharing your experience.

Jessey Bal - Operations Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I enjoyed a comfortable stay and a good nights sleep. All the staff were helpful and sociable. The room was not the most modern, but overall I think the hotel o offers good value.

It was ideally placed for my business appointment in the town centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
John K,

Its great to hear from you. We're really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Jessey Bal
Capistrano Beach, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were so happy to find this nice hotel as we had waited to late to look for a place to stay after taking a turn off the road to see Hadrians Wall that turned out to be a lot longer than we had expected. We were welcomed in like the weary travelers that we were. Our rooms were clean and quiet, they were still serving food in the dining room and we were very happy campers. The service was very good and very friendly, the price was right, and we appreciated every bit of it! It seems like a place that people return to, as we would if we were near again and I do hope to be.
There is a lot to see in Carlisle that we didn't get to see, and it was a very good spot to head to the Lake District.

Room Tip: On leaving we found that Hadrians Wall had originally run right through the parking lot!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Shallbru,

We are really pleased you decided to stop with us. We can appreciate viewing the wall took a little longer than expected, its huge. As you say in your tip part of Hadrians wall does run through our back carpark which is a little bit special.

Regarding the welcome and service experienced we are really pleased the staff impressed and look forward to seeing you again on your travels.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

stopped here 4 times all ways paid through e vouchers.This time i have paid £15 more as there where only the best rooms left. My room was the first on the stairs so you could hear all the guest passing.The cheaper rooms where better. But it will not stop me for stopping again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve p
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
steve p,

Its always great to develop regulars and we are really pleased you enjoy staying with us. I shall investigate the point you raise regarding the noise generated by guests passing by.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent hotel. Clean and comfortable.Had a very comfortable double. Plenty of hot water for shower. Food was good with generous portions. Has a night porter. Can be a bit of a rabbit warren finding you way around the rooms. Handy for town-about a 10 minute walk. Has its own carpark. They do require pre-authorisation on your debit/credit card on arrival for the cost of your room for the length of your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenneth M
Kenneth M.

It's great when we get reviews from senior contributors and even better when they are positive ones. We're really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We have been running with new menu ideas for a few months now and these appear to be going down really well.

Unfortunately we do have to take a pre-authorisation due to a minority of guests but hopefully this was explained and completed professionally with the front desk team on check-in.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel was really great, close to the centre, rooms pretty well equiped, the room service was very kind and pleasant. What I appreciated the most was the possibility to go to their gym that is really well equiped and it worths on try. The receptionist were really helpful to provide the information about the city and the public transport. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel and i can recommend to all

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Eva J,

Thanks for the great review. It's fantastic you got to use the gym facilities, we have only recently opened up the gym area for guests to use after it was closed for a few years. However, going forward we are investing over £50,000 to get it up and running properly for our guests. This includes commissioning the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room area. Fingers crossed this will all be completed within the next two months.

Hopefully we'll see you on your next stay in the area.

northumberland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

we arrived on the late bank holiday weekend Aug 2013.
booked the room over the internet, arrived just past lunchtime and handed our bags in.
quite a walk from the railway station as we decided to get the train instead but there seemed to be ample parking to the rear of the building if you decided to drive here.
very friendly staff who showed us to our spacious room.
very clean, good bathroom and shower. Building had character.
we paid for a little extra for our breakfast in the morning, which was a buffet breakfast but was good value for money.
all in all, very clean, friendly and helpful staff, value for money.
definitely would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
ealrybird66,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to see you over the weekend and we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It was a very busy weekend and i'm glad that our staff were able to offer the consist high level of service we strive for.

We hope to see you soon.

Jessey Bal - Operation Director