“Nice hotel.”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
London
“Nice hotel.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Room was very nice although the bathroom was a little tired and could do with a makeover! Bed was a four-poster and very comfortable.

Beautiful walk into town over the river. Took 15-20 mins into the town centre. We could have got a local bus or even a taxi, but we always walked as it was so beautiful.

Free Wi-Fi and car parking, they even let me leave the car there for the day after check out!

I would stay again and certainly will next time I am in Carlisle.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
carigalmond,

Its always fantastic to hear great things about our team and really motivates us to keep on delivering a quality service. The business was taken over by our company out of receivership and we have been investing heavily in developing our product.

We intend on refurbishing all the bathrooms in the hotels in our second phase development plan. This should be completed within 18 months.

As you say the walk down into town is a very pleasant one, crossing over the Eden river and through Rickerby park with its delightful Japanese gardens.

Free parking and Wifi is always welcome by our guests, especially considering the issues that some of the hotels in town have in this regard.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Jessey Bal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We only stayed in this hotel for one night Saturday 17th May, but it was a nice, clean hotel with excellent service. It had a relaxing feel about it and we had a nice chill in the bar area whilst my husband watched the football. The hotel is very close to the river Eden and about a 10 minute stroll to the city centre. The only negative I can think of is that the room was very warm and so we had the window open. Unfortunately, we were facing the road and there was a power cut at 3am and the alarms from the shops opposite were going off for several hours. I would not let this put me off staying in the hotel again, but I would definately upgrade and ask for a room at the back of the hotel. There is a free carpark which is large and the staff were friendly. The room was immaculate and i would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Carlisle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the main road.
Catherine P,

Thanks for the great review.

It was fantastic to read that you had a great stay with us. As you mention the hotel offers three different room types: Executives, Superiors and Classics all of which are suited to our customers needs.

It's always great to have some ambassadors for the hotel and we very much appreciate your recommendations.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Located a distance away from the city centre, so you either have to drive there or walk for around 15 minutes. The room was a bit old, rather small and narrow, and we were a little turned off by a big fly in our room when we got in.

1 Thank Goomba81
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Goomba81,

Thank you for your recent trip advisor feedback. It's disappointing that we were unable to impress you further and i apologise for the apparent fly that was in your room upon arrival. Housekeeping do on occasion leave the guests windows open and one would assume that on this occasion a fly has crept in.

Jessey Bal.
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My two night stay at the Cumbria Park had everything I needed for a business trip and was ideally placed for the University where I was working. The room was somewhat dated but clean and comfortable. The food whilst not exciting was freshly prepared and tasty. The staff were friendly without being intrusive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Pat S,

Thank you for your most recent review. We are currently going through all our bedrooms and bringing them up our companies specifications. All of our Executive rooms and a good proportion of our superiors have been completed.

Regarding the menu selection, i have just brought the head chef into the office and asked him to review the dishes and we hope to update the menu over the next few days.

Kindest regards

Brampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked a double room for my partner and I as were attending a family wedding at the weekend in the hotel. The wedding was great, the food was lovely, a really well organised event by them, the staff really nice and helpful too.But the room let my experience down. Room 114, if your interested. It was small, very small, especially for a double. It was tidy, and clearly newly decorated .but The bed was pushed in a corner, so I had to climb over my partner to get into bed, but it was neatly made, and clean, so I kind of forgave that. When we arrived the window was open, I thought how conciderate to air the room for us, actually the window was broken and didnt close! Which I found out at 1am when we came back after the party, when I really didnt feel like moving rooms, and knew there was no way to solve it then and there. So we were cold. Humph. But it was ok, because in the morning the shower wasnt working properly, and could either be cold, or really really hot so I was very much warmed up after that. Oh, and for a double room, we only got one tea cup for a morning brew when we got up , which just finnished me off to be honest. :( I know it was a cheap booking, and breakfast was included, which was good- a good selection. But just a few details, which happened to accumilate in one room, really let it down. I know that other rooms were better, the bridal suite was lovely, and others said their rooms were ok too. It was just sadly my room led to an unsatisfactory experience for us. :( I did notify staff when I checked out, and she did apologise and say she would notify maintenance, but I felt let down.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
hivision,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the wedding you were attending and that the service was of a high standard.

Regarding the room, 114, firstly i must apologise for your experience within the room. 114 is normally reserved as a double for sole occupancy due to its size. As you'll know the weekend was extremely busy with both the wedding and the porsche club in-house. This meant that all rooms needed to be utilised and the room would have been better suited to a single traveller as opposed to a couple. Regarding the reported maintenance issues, as advised by the checkout staff these are already being investigated by our maintenance team.

We take feedback, both positive and negative very seriously at the hotel. So again thank you for sharing your experience.

Jessey Bal - Operations Director
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I enjoyed a comfortable stay and a good nights sleep. All the staff were helpful and sociable. The room was not the most modern, but overall I think the hotel o offers good value.

It was ideally placed for my business appointment in the town centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
John K,

Its great to hear from you. We're really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Capistrano Beach, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were so happy to find this nice hotel as we had waited to late to look for a place to stay after taking a turn off the road to see Hadrians Wall that turned out to be a lot longer than we had expected. We were welcomed in like the weary travelers that we were. Our rooms were clean and quiet, they were still serving food in the dining room and we were very happy campers. The service was very good and very friendly, the price was right, and we appreciated every bit of it! It seems like a place that people return to, as we would if we were near again and I do hope to be.
There is a lot to see in Carlisle that we didn't get to see, and it was a very good spot to head to the Lake District.

Room Tip: On leaving we found that Hadrians Wall had originally run right through the parking lot!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jessey B, Operations Director at Cumbria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Shallbru,

We are really pleased you decided to stop with us. We can appreciate viewing the wall took a little longer than expected, its huge. As you say in your tip part of Hadrians wall does run through our back carpark which is a little bit special.

Regarding the welcome and service experienced we are really pleased the staff impressed and look forward to seeing you again on your travels.

Jessey Bal - Operations Director