“Best in town”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Carlisle
“Best in town”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have had many lunches in The Thin a White Duke and tasted a lot of the menu. The chips are to die for, crisp, thick but not greasy so you can eat fish and chips at lunch and not feel uncomfortably full. Everything I've tasted has been delicious. Today I had the quiche, wow, beautiful, so light and fluffy with melt in the mouth pastry, it has to be the best quiche I've ever tasted. Whatever you fancy to drink is available. The staff are young and lovely, the surroundings classy with lovely quality oak finishes and brick walls. The toilets are in a large beautifully decorated room and clean. This place is the real deal. Thank goodness Carlisle has a place like this!

1 Thank Flyingisnotright

“The service was terrible!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the 16.07.2014 after my graduation and the place had been recommended so we went! I must state now that the food was excellent and could not be faulted! So well done to the chefs! However the service was possibly the worst I've ever experienced!! Unfortunately I didn't take names but the blonde girl that dealt with us seamed so uninterested in her job and made us feel unwelcome! I probably wouldn't eat here again because the service is a Huge part of the experience and if the staff are going to make you feel like your not welcome then I probably wouldn't go back! Again I thank you for the food because that was delicious!

2 Thank Pinkappl
Kendal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Ate here a couple of days ago and disappointed would not cover it. Firstly we arrived without making a reservation and once the staff heard that we hadn't, they were rude with us from minute one, especially the tall lady with blonde hair who really didn't seem to care about her job or about us as customers. The food we received was overall 'ok' although the steak seemed to be enjoyable by some of our party. Overall it was disappointing as we had heard good reviews about this place but realistically the staff let us down.

1 Thank Chazzyb1
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“not too bad”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here recently I enjoyed the burger and the fact that it was cooked medium quite impressed me. the chips were not good very undercooked and the menu is very limited and quite pricey but the service was faultless

Visited July 2014
“Good cocktails great food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely bar with bare brick walls and funky decor. Cocktails are sooo good and well made (for those who prefer real cocktails not cheap spirits topped with fruit juices) Food is excellent and a good variety for all appetities and tastes. Will definatley return and would reccomend to anyone :)