“Happily stay again! :)”

Ibis Carlisle
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was going to a gig so I just needed somewhere clean to sleep. This ticked the box and so much more. For a 2 star place I was expecting somewhere clean-ish and a bit cheap looking.

My room was spotless and I couldn't fault it in any way. If a place isn't clean, I wont stay again period.

Sounds stupid but I like the fact most things in the room are disposable so you know they are deffo clean for the next person. You get plastic spoons for your tea/coffee (so obv they will be replaced when they have been used) and disposable plastic cups individually wrapped in the bathroom. I know some hotels reuse the plastic cups e.t.c, which I HATE but ibis dont obv.
Again sounds stupid but I like that they give you actual trouser hangers aswell as normal ones, cuz putting trousers on a hanger with a top is just a bit of a pain to me. Get a hairdryer aswell I wasn't expecting it. I guess i'm easily pleased haha.

If you're wanting super super quiet then this probably isn't the hotel for you. There was some noise from clubs, but only a little nothing major. I mean you could hear music but quietly.

The bed is the comfiest i've ever slept in. Would happily stay again in another ibis if not in Carlisle. So much better than Travelodge (as they are similar in price). I think £9,99 you could get unlimited wi-fi movies tv e.t.c which I thought was pretty good. If you don't have your laptop you can use the tv. or you can get 20 mins a day for £1 in reception. Pretty decent.

The note on the entrance door said after 10pm use your card key to swipe to get in the door. Well I got back at midnight and didn't need my key to open the door, so maybe a staff member had just come back from a break or something I don't know. So idk if it's super safe from people who aren't staying at the hotel, but I only stayed a night so that wasn't really an issue.

Probably one of my favourite hotels now for if funds are lacking. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
MIGUEL M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Miguel Mendes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 5 June 2013

on arriving at hotel we discover that we had double rooms instead of twin rooms .. not happy as booked well in advance .. could not give rooms that booked as hotel was full .. staff tried to help but nothing was done .. we weren't offered any kind of compensation .. every thing else of the stay was excellent .. other than having to share double bed with friends as we were an all same sex group ... when booked 6mths in advance this is not really acceptable

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

In fact booking on line doesn’t recognise type of room. The booking is made as “Room for 1 or 2 persons for 2 PAX”.
In the future I suggest you ring the Hotel to confirm the type of room that you booked if it isn’t a standard double room to avoid any future problems.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We have stayed at Ibis hotels before, and this has to be the best one yet. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the room was given this is clearly a budget hotel. The staff were excellent, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only downside is that they do not offer free wi-fi, however given the price of the room, it is understandable. Overall, this is a great budget hotel in the center of Carlisle close to the train station.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MIGUEL M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Being on a business trip I just needed the standard "clean, somewhere handy, decent breakfast" hotel. A colleague had stayed here and confirmed handy and clean so I thought two out of three ain't bad and booked. I got a good rate and breakfast thrown in and I can confirm that I've had far worse breakfasts in places charging loads more. Three out of three.
The staff are friendly and chatty, my room was of a standard with the usual space shuttle pod style shower cubicle, and the bed was comfortable.
The location is a mixed blessing - very handy for the station but plainly not somewhere you'd want to be on a Friday or Saturday night.
My only gripe is that wi-fi was a rather steep 9 euros a day, so I went over the road to the William Rufus (a Whetherspoon) bar and used the free wi-fi there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Terence1809

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed for 1 night midweek at the ibis. Received a warm welcome at reception and was swiftly checked in. The room was clean, spacious and well laid out. The new beds are so comfy I had a great nights sleep, slight outside noise but it is in the city so that's to be expected. The pod bathrooms are spacious and well maintained.
The little touches really make the stay great. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Louise G

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed friday night as ging to show kept awake from 1.30am onwards. Shouting near fight , banging on doors even heard someone trying our door, if alone would have been really scared. Told reception next morning, asked to speak to manager told not in til tuesday!! Informed of our lack of sleep, not interested, said it was weekend so what did we expect!! Reminded him of their pledge for gurantee of good nights sleep again totally disintersted said he would pass message on!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Room fine for the price, ironic though, that a European hotel chain employs racist staff. After being subjected to inappropriate behaviour from the person on night shift last night for no other reason we could fathom other than my partner and his friends' skin colour, we suggested that due to said behaviour we would not be patronising the Ibis chain in future, to which this person replied 'absolutely no problem' So there you have it, folks - Ibis have absolutely no issue in you NOT patronising their chain, apparently. I would recommend this course of action, personally. Thanks Ibis Carlisle for ruining what was otherwise a fab weekend with friends.

• Stayed: May 2013