“Be careful”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Be careful”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here just before Christmas, when we first walked in we thought it was alright, nothing special but you get what you pay for. Then I looked in the bathroom...

It was a quarter-circular room which had blatantly just been added on, Being in it made me dizzy as it was so small and bright...felt like I was on a boat. The towels had already been used but not replaced, luckily we had brought our own. There was a tube of soap, which guests were expected to use for EVERYTHING!

HERE'S THE REAL ISSUE:
We called numerous times before staying to make sure it was all pre-paid for as that was something we had asked for so we could keep track of money...they said it had been every single time. When it came to checking out everything was fine and we went on our way. That evening we were called and told the card had been declined, to which I explained we had asked for it all to be pre-paid and been assured it was at least 4 times previous to checking in. I explained that we would pay when my partner got paid on the 10/01/14...which the caller/receptionsit agreed to.

I have just checked my CREDIT CARD statement to see that they have taken the money some how anyway and I am now over the limit and going to be charged. I don' know how they took the money after it being declined or why on earth they agreed to me paying later if they weren't happ with that plan.

WARNING: Get your plans in writing if you are paying in an alternative format and if any arrangement are made get that written too or they will cause you problem after problem!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eden G
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Rahul Parikh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Thai first
Warrington
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent hotel ! My second stay here in december... Very clean hotel, with very friendly staff..quiet hotel... Superb shower and good sized room... ,nice bar clean and well appointed..but drinks way overpriced! Two wetherspoons(lloyds & wetherspoons) within three minutes walk why charge £3.95 for a bulmers cider?chinese buffet next door is poor quality avoid...Station 5 mins walk away..and shops all very close at hand... Highly recommended! Will be back here through 2014...if i had one gripe freeview TV would be very useful limited tv choice unless you pay,but that ibis in general not to this hotel....

Room Tip: Try for higher up floors at the rear of property
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

arriving on Christmas day we were surprised and pleased to find that food and drink were available. the staff were friendly and very helpful. free parking and wifi was useful. the room was fine with a good shower and a comfortable bed. good value for money. highly recommended

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 30 December 2013

Barrow-in-furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Very good low budget hotel situated handy for the shops and railway station.The free parking is a big bonus.The staff were all very friendly and helpful.The free wifi came in handy we were able to check out the local restaurants.There is a good selection of indian Italian Chinese and a Brazilian one nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Great location,got a room on the back of the hotel away from the nightlife on Botchergate - even number rooms. Great value and location
Room very functional, just needed somewhere to put my head down after a night out.
Would use again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've just returned from another stay at the Ibis Carlisle and as usual it was great! Staff so friendly, my room spotless, lovely comfy bed, great spacy shower. Great value for money. Also a fab location and handy for the station, pubs and shops. I've already booked to go back! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Second stay at the Ibis - very clean and fresh with a very comfortable bed - shower really powerful and bathroom clean with good towels (we got extra one when requested) - everything good about the hotel - central location ideal - definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the the Hotel Ibis in Carlisle. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.