“Don't give a dam staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Carlisle
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlisle
“Don't give a dam staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the Ibis for 5 nights, room was clean but on arrival internet was not working, after being told by reception that is was our equipments fault then pointing out to her that we were both broadband specialist she soon back tracked and said maintenance would look at it tomorrow. Tea and coffee facilities were enough for one person and this was not replenished daily. Towels were for a singal person, 1 large towell, 1 small and a shower mat. Pointed this out but not sorted for intire stay. Broadband was fixed the next day at 0.45 meg. Had to tether off phone to complete work. TV advertised at digital, only 5 channels. Was told there getting freeview soon. Very disappointed with staff, room and overall experience. When checking out our room keys were taken and the lady said cheers. I would have spoke there and then but all week our comments have fallen on deaf ears. I can't comment on the food as we did not eat there as the prices were high compared to other local restarants. Would I stay again NO. We are working again this week in Carlisle and have booked other accommodation. I will be reviewing on trip advisor to warn others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Paul W
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Valued Customer, I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h3443-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Rahul Parikh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Thai first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed for a 4 day break and packed lots, as there is lots to see. The location of this hotel is ideal, a short walk from the railway station, bus stops and the shops. The hotel is located on a busy street we choose to have a room at the rear, which I have to say is even noisier as there is a large car park for cars and coaches along with the exit for the bingo and nightclub venue. The room was find and a good shower. Good budged priced location in Carlisle.

Room Tip: Carlisle is a good location to visit the Lake District, travel to Settle on the most scenic railway...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the the Hotel Ibis in Carlsle. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

The room was basic but clean and tidy. We stayed two nights over the weekend. The main street outside is home to many clubs and restaurants. If you are after a quiet stay then try and get a room overlooking the car park. The location was fantastic for us near to the train station. We will be back next year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the the Hotel Ibis in Carlisle. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here just before Christmas, when we first walked in we thought it was alright, nothing special but you get what you pay for. Then I looked in the bathroom...

It was a quarter-circular room which had blatantly just been added on, Being in it made me dizzy as it was so small and bright...felt like I was on a boat. The towels had already been used but not replaced, luckily we had brought our own. There was a tube of soap, which guests were expected to use for EVERYTHING!

HERE'S THE REAL ISSUE:
We called numerous times before staying to make sure it was all pre-paid for as that was something we had asked for so we could keep track of money...they said it had been every single time. When it came to checking out everything was fine and we went on our way. That evening we were called and told the card had been declined, to which I explained we had asked for it all to be pre-paid and been assured it was at least 4 times previous to checking in. I explained that we would pay when my partner got paid on the 10/01/14...which the caller/receptionsit agreed to.

I have just checked my CREDIT CARD statement to see that they have taken the money some how anyway and I am now over the limit and going to be charged. I don' know how they took the money after it being declined or why on earth they agreed to me paying later if they weren't happ with that plan.

WARNING: Get your plans in writing if you are paying in an alternative format and if any arrangement are made get that written too or they will cause you problem after problem!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eden G
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent hotel ! My second stay here in december... Very clean hotel, with very friendly staff..quiet hotel... Superb shower and good sized room... ,nice bar clean and well appointed..but drinks way overpriced! Two wetherspoons(lloyds & wetherspoons) within three minutes walk why charge £3.95 for a bulmers cider?chinese buffet next door is poor quality avoid...Station 5 mins walk away..and shops all very close at hand... Highly recommended! Will be back here through 2014...if i had one gripe freeview TV would be very useful limited tv choice unless you pay,but that ibis in general not to this hotel....

Room Tip: Try for higher up floors at the rear of property
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

arriving on Christmas day we were surprised and pleased to find that food and drink were available. the staff were friendly and very helpful. free parking and wifi was useful. the room was fine with a good shower and a comfortable bed. good value for money. highly recommended

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 30 December 2013