“could do better”

Ibis Carlisle
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

only point was carpet had not been cleaned under bed on both sides white powder??? on both sides so we were not too keen to wander about on the floor. not nice and so easily resolved. staff on reception were pleasant and helpful

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. With regards to the white powder on the floor, it was a yearly treatment for the beds. If you ever have a problem or query about the room, please do not hesitate to ask reception.

Rahul Parikh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel is in the centre of town so well placed for sightseeing. My room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed, small wardrobe, TV and desk with chair. The TV only had a few channels but was adequate. The room did have one thing I look for, an electric socket next to the bed. The bathroom was of the pod variety with a large shower but no bath. My shower kept changing temperature and the other 4 people in my party said the same. My room was also quite cold, despite having the heater turned up full and there was no blanket, just the duvet which wasn’t warm enough for me. We chose this hotel because it had a restaurant but the menu was limited. There were some specials which improved the choice but when we went down at 7pm we were the only people in there. We saw lots of guests coming in with pizza. There are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance so we opted to go next door to Outback for kangaroo steaks. One of our party ate in the hotel restaurant and described the food as “microwave food but tasty”. Breakfast was very good with all the staples, hot and cold. All the staff were pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for an odd number. These overlook the street but the double glazing is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. If you stay with us again and need anything extra, such as duvets, please do not hesitate to ask reception who will do their upmost to help you.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night on business trip. The room was clean, bed comfortable. Lovely hot shower with plenty of room. Desk was very handy and the free WiFi was easy to connect and fast. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice ( it was on offer at £5 and worth it).Close to city centre so handy for shops and bus/train station. I will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at Ibis Carlisle for one night January 2014.
Fantastic value for money. Great location in the small city, walking distance from everywhere important.
Hotel seemed bustling with contractors choosing Ibis over competitors.
Standard Ibis fitting, great value for money. Rooms extremely clean and practical.
Only downside was noise from the local clubs in our room overlooking the rear car park.
However, any disappointment soon forgotten with fantastic customer service regarding lost property- I left some items in my room and the after-service from the reception team was fantastic.
Certainly my hotel of choice in Carlisle.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room facing the car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the Ibis for 5 nights, room was clean but on arrival internet was not working, after being told by reception that is was our equipments fault then pointing out to her that we were both broadband specialist she soon back tracked and said maintenance would look at it tomorrow. Tea and coffee facilities were enough for one person and this was not replenished daily. Towels were for a singal person, 1 large towell, 1 small and a shower mat. Pointed this out but not sorted for intire stay. Broadband was fixed the next day at 0.45 meg. Had to tether off phone to complete work. TV advertised at digital, only 5 channels. Was told there getting freeview soon. Very disappointed with staff, room and overall experience. When checking out our room keys were taken and the lady said cheers. I would have spoke there and then but all week our comments have fallen on deaf ears. I can't comment on the food as we did not eat there as the prices were high compared to other local restarants. Would I stay again NO. We are working again this week in Carlisle and have booked other accommodation. I will be reviewing on trip advisor to warn others.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Paul W

Dear Valued Customer, I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h3443-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed for a 4 day break and packed lots, as there is lots to see. The location of this hotel is ideal, a short walk from the railway station, bus stops and the shops. The hotel is located on a busy street we choose to have a room at the rear, which I have to say is even noisier as there is a large car park for cars and coaches along with the exit for the bingo and nightclub venue. The room was find and a good shower. Good budged priced location in Carlisle.

Room Tip: Carlisle is a good location to visit the Lake District, travel to Settle on the most scenic railway...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the the Hotel Ibis in Carlsle. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.