“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here at the Ibis Hotel in Carlisle. Being severely partially sighted, I was very pleasantly pleased when the receptionist offered to show me to my room. It was cosy and comfortable, and much quieter than some cheaper hotels. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad the room was to your expectation and you found the hotel team to be friendly. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon.
Rahul Parikh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is my 5th stay at the ibis Carlisle and I've always given them a 5 star review on trip advisor..after this stay I think I'll be seriously considering staying again! I'm currently writing this at 1am in my bed in the hotel as I can't get any sleep..I've travelled 6 hours to get here from london for work, and all I want to do is sleep. I don't know if it's because I look young or not but I've been placed in the back corridor on the first floor surrounded by people in their early 20s that are here just to get drunk!!! They've been running up and didn't screaming and shouting for the past 3 hours...and at points have banged on my door to ask if I wanna come to the party in there room! The hotel has security on, something I've never seen before but he's been sat downstairs in the bar area all night at a table!! When I did go down to complain I tripped over a few glass bottles that had been left in the lift, I picked them up myself before someone broke there neck on them. I just hope when I go to meet my brand new boss tomorrow there aren't bags under my eyes..so no I prob won't be staying here a 6th time! Also one final note I hope Antonio doesn't check you in...he was more interested in rushing back to his dinner and forgot to put the tv on in my room when I called down to ask he said you not paid for it..to which I reminded him I had and when he checked he remembered I had AGGGGHHHHH

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scottadams86
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for leaving your comments. We are very sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your expectation. I have noted your comments and discussed with the relevant team member. We hope we can welcome you back in future and offer you a genuine hassle-free experience. Please contact me directly on h3443-gm@accor.com.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at the Ibis in February 2012. It was a good price and a central location. If you do end up going, please note that they shut the main road (which the hotel is on) on Friday and Saturday nights! There is also a complicated one-way system which makes finding the hotel car park pretty tricky.

The hotel is a little dated and the television in my room did not work very well.

The beds are extremely narrow and you spend most of the night trying not to fall out! We had the added luxury of stumbling accross the Carlisle night life in our hotel, next door in fact. There were people coming and going from next door all night long with lots of loud "knocking" and moaning.

I'm sure it is not always as bad. If you want a cheap place to stay and you're not too worried about comfort or a good night's sleep then I'm sure you'll be ok.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gary S
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very sorry to learn that your experience was not up to your expectations. Please note that our hotel reception is open 24 hrs and if you experience any inconvenience during your stay, we would be more than happy to assist you.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon and offer you a genuine hassle-free experience.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for one night with husband when visiting daughter in Carlisle! Hadn't stayed in ibis before but we were very pleasantly surprised as the room was cosy clean and warm and the bed comfy! The seating by the desk area was very useful and the bathroom was compact and spotless! The reception area is useful and comfortable , the situation is ideally located in the centre of Carlisle with parking to the rear of hotel ,staff were extremely welcoming and friendly! The check in time of 12 noon was perfect for us too .Absolutely no complaints at all ! We didn't have breakfast so unable to comment. Will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. The team will be very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis hotel in Carlisle. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great place to stay. Close to train station and town centre. And excellent value for money. Would recommend to anyone.

All the staff we met were exceptionally friendly. Our room was typical Ibis, which we were expecting and were quite happy with. Clean and simple. They've invested in new mattresses and we've had less comfy nights in 4* and 5* hotels.

We were in room 203, which fronts on to the main road. But because of the secondary glazing it was still incredibly quiet.

Room Tip: Perhaps one of the lower numbers? There is a club at the far end of the block and it is inevitable t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you at Ibis Hotel in Carlisle
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great cheap hotel very clean ideally located in Carlisle with really nice and helpful staff I stay here quite often and nothing is to much trouble would reccomend to anyone who is just seaking a comfy clean bed for the night

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Customer, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

just come home after 3day break and already booked 3 more,book online through hotels own website its cheaper than well known travel lodges.great location in city centre with free parking behind hotel,friendly staff lovely hotel and handy for the races catch the bus right outside.

Room Tip: back maybe quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,