Ibis Carlisle
US$142
  • Restaurant
US$92
PremierInn.com
Cumbria Park Hotel(Carlisle)(Great Value!)
US$49
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,467 results
All reviewsfree parkingcar parkcentral locationone way systemtrain stationsaturday nighttown centregreat showercomfortable bedall you can eatshort staythird floorwould stay againone night stayexcellent value for moneytea and coffeenoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are a good size, very clean and nice, bed very comfortable and a fab looking bathroom, shower was a power shower. Rooms very modern
Only 2 problems i had which was i found the pillows very hard and not comfortable to sleep on and someone opened my door at 9am with a card key then went straight back out, i was told the cleaners didnt start work at 9am and wouldnt be cleaning my room anyway as check out was at 12pm so it wouldnt of been them, a very small applogy was giving but no further action seemed to be taking, we checked out at 10.30 and put all our bags in car and didnt feel we could leave them in the room safely

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased that you like our modern room design, cleanliness of the room and our comfortable 'Sweet Bed'.
But, I am disappointed to learn that your stay was disturbed by someone entering your room. I will investigate this matter personally.
If you wish to contact me directly to discuss this matter further please email me on h3443-gm@accor.com or call 01228518000.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was the second visit to the is hotel. We new we were going to get good value for money with good comfortable accommodation. The staff were good last time we stayed, but on this occasion the service was second to none that I have experienced. A very friendly welcome and when we asked about gluten free bread for breakfast there was no 'umming and arring' 'Yes we will get some for the morning'. Not only did we get very good quality bread the staff also provided gluten free cereal as well. The 'mainstream' breakfast was very good quality, though the choice was less broad than other large chain hotels I've stayed in, it certainly met our needs. Yes the location isnt the best in the world as Botchergate has most of the night life on it,but there is good parking and the sound proofing is very good and there is a lot more to Carlisle than Botchergate and its all in easy walking distance.Over the 2 days we stayed here all the staff were helpful and friendly asking us how My daughters wedding went with genuine interest. I fully recommend this hotel and will be staying there again. A special thanks to Asia for all her help.

Room Tip: back of hotel is quieter but theres not a lot in it the fronts quiet as well
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis hotel in Carlisle. I have noticed you have reviewed us in the past and are pleased to welcome you back. Hope you will give us the opportunity to be part of your future travel.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Friendly staff and comfortable hotel. The space-pod ensuite bathrooms make efficient use of space, although the floor gets slippery. Cheap room-rate but very clean rooms and generous buffet breakfasts. We ate out, just to stretch our legs after a long drive, but the hotel's evening menu looked appetising enough. As you drive in to the car park, the area looks a bit run-down, but perfectly safe and, as it turned out, not too noisy. You emerge from the main door of the hotel into an area full of rough-looking bars but if you walk a couple of hundred yards to your right, you reach the town centre, which has some nice restaurants and the streets at the other side of the cathedral are much more old-fashioned and atmospheric. I would use this hotel again and recommend it as a very good value stopover.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorucak
Rahul P, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Valued Customer, thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the the Hotel Ibis in Carlsle. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for one night in a double room. Reception staff were welcoming, the en-suite pod bathroom was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was a typical buffet, but the food was hot and plentiful. Very good value if booked in advance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Customer, thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Really disgusted at Ibis…… booked 3 rooms for 4 nights with breakfast online…. Within the hours guys staying said they did not want breakfast, couldn’t find how to modify booking so cancelled booking and rebooked straight away without the breakfasts…. Now find that they took the payment twice and will not refund… small print says that cancellations will not be refunded…. Really underhand IMO… so beware of the small print and forget fair play at the Ibis brand… my error cost me £530…. Dodgy ethics IMO… Oh and the 3rd floor room smelt of drains, they haven’t replied to my email on that.

Room Tip: Watch the small print...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We have responded to you directly via email. Hope the response was to your satisfactory.

Thanking