Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jane C

Overnight stay

Review of Ibis Carlisle
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2019via mobile
A very comfortable stay here for one night. Reasonably priced. Free parking. A lovely breakfast in the morning. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially Gillian. I would recommend this hotel and I will certainly stay there again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review
Responded 18 Apr 2019
Thank you for your lovely review, I will pass this on to the team and Gillian she will be over the moon to have a name mention :-) I hope to see you on your next visit to Carlisle, Kind Regards Beverley
C M Pool
0.1 miles from Ibis Carlisle
Restaurant
View more hotels in Carlisle
1,828 results
All reviews free parking car park city centre train station comfy bed would stay again weekend break one night stay noise botchergate wetherspoons pubs earplugs nightlife cinema pod hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Happy staying at an Ibis; generally know what you’re getting. In this particular case, however, check-in was convoluted with no identified reception desk and heavily mobile-reliant technology which seemed to hamper rather than help.
Worst of all for the weary traveller in need of sustenance; despite the whole menu showing “24 hours, 7 days a week” at the foot of each page, I came to order food at 10.15pm and was told it was pizzas only after 10pm. All good, I can handle that. Ordered a pepperoni pizza, according to receipt, at 10.23pm. After watching an empty bar with little staff action, I suspected things were awry. And lo, the staff were gobsmacked a pizza had been ordered at all. Apparently a change of staff meant I was lost between some strange culinary cracks. Some half-hearted apologies at 11pm didn’t really help. Perhaps I’ll fill up on the breakfast in the morning instead as I wasn’t prepared to wait longer for a pizza. I also jokingly asked if perhaps they could throw my glass of wine in as compensation for the inconvenience.... greeted by that terrible treatise “sorry, we’re not authorised to do that, sir”.... Urgh.

Date of stay: April 2019
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2019

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered and allow me to explain; The reception desk has been removed from almost all Ibis hotels and we are all mobile check in, this allows use the freedom to walk almost our guest to give a more personal check in, I am very sorry that you didn't experience this.The menu does offer a wide range of meals which are served till 10pm, following that the Pizza Menu which is labelled '24/7' is available, and once again I do sincerely apologise that this was both not clear to you and that we fell short on service and your order was miscommunication, I will investigate with the team on duty to establish what happen to prevent this happening again. I hope you choose to stay with us again to allow you to experience the great service so many of our guests report. Many Thanks Beverley

Reviewed 10 April 2019

Yes the rooms are functional no frills rooms but there was a clean comfortable bed, hot powerful shower and good breakfast. All you need for an overnight stay and excellent value for money and friendly efficient staff. Just a few minutes walk from the railway station

Room tip: We had a room at the back which was quiet, May be noisy at the front as on a busy road and lots of bars nearby
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMD1953
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2019

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Carlisle. Many Thanks Beverley

Reviewed 9 April 2019

Modestly priced Ibis brand hotel close to the centre of Carlisle and the railway station. Good car parking at the rear of the hotel. Bedroom on the small size but clean. Check in done at the bar via mobile telephones. Front of house team was welcoming. A good place to stay if you just want a reasonable bed for the night.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2019

Thank you for your review, glad we were happy with your stay. Many thanks Beverley

Reviewed 8 April 2019

This is actually quite a nice place to stay. It's in a great location, the staff I encountered were all very lovely and did everything they could to make my stay a pleasant one.
The rooms are basic but the bed was reasonably comfortable.
Bar area is nice for a night cap.
All in all, worth the money you pay.

1  Thank Edf194

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. See you on your next visit to Carlisle. Many Thanks Beverley

Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

First night great , second night (Friday) hellish. Me and my partner and 3 year-old daughter were kept up until 5 am , I can't fault the staff though but the matter should of got dealt with quicker with the drunken inconsiderates. Avoid at the weekend is my recommendation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies with regards to the second night. We do try our up-most to ensure all guests respect our quiet policy however we clearly fell short on this occasion and for this I am sorry. I hope you will give up the opportunity in the future to provide you with a hassle free stay. Kind Regards Beverley