Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ian A
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Bonus

Review of Ibis Carlisle
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Apr 2019via mobile
Checked in with Elena, on discovering we had inadvertently booked 2 non refundable rooms instead of 1, she arranged for breakfast to be included with our stay, an unexpected but welcome bonus.
Standard Ibis rooms and an ideal location for an overnight stay.
Breakfast was fresh when we attended, overall an excellent stay
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this review
Responded 29 Apr 2019
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that Elena was able to assist you, I will pass your comments onto her, Hope to see you again in the future, Many Thanks Beverley
£51
0.1 miles from Ibis Carlisle
Restaurant
View more hotels in Carlisle
1,827 results
All reviews free parking car park city centre train station comfy bed would stay again weekend break one night stay noise botchergate wetherspoons pubs earplugs nightlife cinema pod hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my Wife and Son. Lovely clean family room. Wanted a disabled room with a third bed, but not possible. A bit sad in this day and age that you have to split a family with a wheelchair user if you want to stay at this hotel. We had to chose a family room and use the public hotel toilet. Maybe two rooms could be offered for the price of one until this is overcome?? That said the family room hand wash dispenser was empty, but we managed using shower gel. No room to reception phone, as you now have to have a ‘WhatsApp’ on your mobile to make a call or physical go down to talk to the reception? Great breakfast and pleasant helpful staff. Good location for the City/train/Lakes etc. Would stay again, but get up to speed Ibis!! and recognise that Disabled people have families, so don’t ‘discriminate them when they want to access your goods and services’ Make the reasonable adjustments! It’s the law! Thanks

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2019

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apology if you felt discriminated against, this was certainly not our intention. We fully comply with DDA and try our best to fore fill any request made to us by any guest. We can provide an additional 'Z-bed' in an accessible room however these are suitable for a child under 16. The Whats App system has been in our hotel for a few years now and appears to be going well, we do offer telephones in the accessible rooms. Please note all our facilities and services to all guests. I will forward your comments on to the relevant person and once again I am sorry you felt this way and I hope in the future you will give us opportunity to provide you with a hassle free stay. Many Thanks Beverley.

Reviewed 22 April 2019

A central and comfortable hotel. Easy to reach by train or regional/national bus. Close to the shopping mall and restaurants, bars , cinemas, clubs, railway and bus stations are all within a five minute walk. There is a fine castle to explore, a cathedral, some superb museums. Excellent connections for daytrips to the Lake District.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2019

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had a nice Easter. Many Thanks Beverley

Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the Ibis on a road trip over Easter and found it well organized, clean, and with ample parking. Staff were helpful and gave good directions to the car park (big but a bit hidden around the back of the hotel.)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank malalanber

Thank you for your review, I hope you had a nice Easter, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Many Thanks Beverley

Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

A very comfortable stay here for one night. Reasonably priced. Free parking. A lovely breakfast in the morning. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially Gillian. I would recommend this hotel and I will certainly stay there again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beverley M, General Manager at Ibis Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2019

Thank you for your lovely review, I will pass this on to the team and Gillian she will be over the moon to have a name mention :-) I hope to see you on your next visit to Carlisle, Kind Regards Beverley

Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Happy staying at an Ibis; generally know what you’re getting. In this particular case, however, check-in was convoluted with no identified reception desk and heavily mobile-reliant technology which seemed to hamper rather than help.
Worst of all for the weary traveller in need of sustenance; despite the whole menu showing “24 hours, 7 days a week” at the foot of each page, I came to order food at 10.15pm and was told it was pizzas only after 10pm. All good, I can handle that. Ordered a pepperoni pizza, according to receipt, at 10.23pm. After watching an empty bar with little staff action, I suspected things were awry. And lo, the staff were gobsmacked a pizza had been ordered at all. Apparently a change of staff meant I was lost between some strange culinary cracks. Some half-hearted apologies at 11pm didn’t really help. Perhaps I’ll fill up on the breakfast in the morning instead as I wasn’t prepared to wait longer for a pizza. I also jokingly asked if perhaps they could throw my glass of wine in as compensation for the inconvenience.... greeted by that terrible treatise “sorry, we’re not authorised to do that, sir”.... Urgh.

Date of stay: April 2019

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered and allow me to explain; The reception desk has been removed from almost all Ibis hotels and we are all mobile check in, this allows use the freedom to walk almost our guest to give a more personal check in, I am very sorry that you didn't experience this.The menu does offer a wide range of meals which are served till 10pm, following that the Pizza Menu which is labelled '24/7' is available, and once again I do sincerely apologise that this was both not clear to you and that we fell short on service and your order was miscommunication, I will investigate with the team on duty to establish what happen to prevent this happening again. I hope you choose to stay with us again to allow you to experience the great service so many of our guests report. Many Thanks Beverley