“Ok, but wouldn't take the family”
Review of The Roadhouse

The Roadhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlisle
The Roadhouse
Ranked #60 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here while working away from home, it was basic and the rooms were a bit smelly, but overall it served its purpose as a bed and breakfast. I had a bed and had some breakfast in the morning, but for £25 I wasn't expecting the Hilton.

I would advise anyone staying there to avoid the attic rooms if they are tall because the ceilings are low and sloping.

The overall atmosphere was good and I would probably stay here again if I'm in Carlisle because the price is good. But if I was travelling with my family I would avoid because my wife would go nuts if I took her somewhere like The Roadhouse.

Room Tip: Avoid attic rooms due to low ceilings
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nich498

Reviewed 12 October 2013

booked a stay in the roadhouse the night before an appointment in Carlisle through there website which asked me to confirm an arrival time to which i picked between 1400 and 1500hrs. on arrival it 1515hrs i found the building completely locked up and after ringing the bell and attempting numerous phone calls i eventualy got to speak to the manageress two hours later and was let in. after complaining about this i was told that they didn't open before 1600hrs and when i told her the website confirmed an earlier arrival time i was told she wasn't responsible for the website and was totally dismissive of my complaint and told me to write a letter. in the end i walked out in disgust at the awful level of customer service provided by the roadhouse.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 28 September 2013

If you want a good nights sleep - forget it. I am currently lying awake in one of their rooms at 1am, having to listen to the wailing voices coming from the karaoke in the bar below. The microphone speaker sounds like it's set to maximum. A member of staff kindly wedged the door open, the one that separates the bar from the rooms, just to ensure nobody could sleep. Thanks for that. I have closed it now, just to deaden the din a bit. And what time does the karaoke finish? 2.30am. Excellent. I didn't need to sleep anyway. The cheap accommodation is as you would expect from the price, so I have no issues there. The staff are generally friendly enough. But I would NEVER use this place again. I would sooner pay more to ensure a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Renklauf
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a stag weekend.Its ok for a crowd of guys but wouldnt take the wife for fear of getting a slap.The room wasvery dated in need of a makeover,bed sheets and towels had all seen better days with cigarette burns on the pillow case which put me off right away.The water pressure in the shower was poor with no room to swing a cat in the cubicle.On the plus side the breakfast was really good and the staff were really friendly.On the whole fine for a stag party but thats about it,you get what you pay for so suppose I cant run it down too much.

Room Tip: Cant,from the few rooms I was in theres no good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stay here every April for the North Lakes Tattoo convention. Its fine for somewhere to get your head down, and a good breakfast in the morning. And the bar is fab, drinks really cheap. We have had some fab drunk weekends here from what I can remember :) Definately worth £20 a night inc breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I could cope with the dirty rooms , decor from the 70s, horrible beds that make you itchy, milk 3 years out of date,shower that only dribbled a little bit of water, lousy breakfast if I could of got a good nights sleep. The owners wail away until stupid o clock in the morning on the karaoke keeping everyone awake, would of got a better nights kip on the street!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Wawawawawa
Reviewed 6 November 2012

clean rooms,good breakfast, good bar area with great pool table!
large free carpark to rear.easy access to local shops and nightlife,and most of all very well priced.
i payed £20 per night and was well worth it.

Room Tip: top floor,nice and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business