“Great cafe with superb staff”

The Arches Coffee House
Ranked #7 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dalton in Furness
“Great cafe with superb staff”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

After staying in the Ibis Hotel in Carlisle, we searched for a cafe to enjoy a 'full english' and came across Archers Coffee Shop! It's a real gem. Good food but it was the stars of this establishment are the staff! They go that extra mile and customer service is fantastic! A great 'full english' breakfast reasonably priced, which included toast and hot drink. My next visit to Carlisle will include a visit to Archers. Lovely to be served by such pleasant staff that care!

• Visited August 2013

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a quick snack”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This was our second visit here on a day trip from Leeds. Once again we found the food excellent. I would recommend "The Ploughmans Lunch to anybody wanting a generous freshly prepared salad. The staff friendly and efficient, altogether an enjoyable experience.

• Visited February 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and good fresh food”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Busy, happy little cafe run by very nice, friendly and efficient staff. Our food (salads) was delivered promptly, it was freshly prepared, with generous portions, and tasted good. This was our second visit and we'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Wide menu catering for all tastes and ages.

• Visited February 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Just away down from the high street and a perfect little gem. Good servings of food for a very reasonable price. The breakfasts looked superb, but I missed it by 10 minutes so had a very hearty ploughmans lunch. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and after the pricey lake district it was nice to have some good honest food at a very reasonable price.

Well worth a little punt if your just after a good old English cafe, with out the greasy spoon.

• Visited December 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Just Brilliant.”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I love this little friendly coffee shop. The food is lovely its just good british food well cooked and just lovely. I am always going back with my family and boyfriend and they love it too. I would recommend it to anyone. It is one of the best cafes I've been to ever and it was my Nanny who introdcuced it to me.

The staff are friendly and the service is prompt. It can be very nusy at lunch time and busier hours but its well worth the wait for the service and food.

I love it and will be contiuing to go back the staff always have a smile on their face and it is warm and welcoming its nesstled away and is just lovely.

• Visited June 2012