“Do not go - very disappointing”
Review of IndiaGate - CLOSED

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Buffet-style contemporary curry-house
Penrith
“Do not go - very disappointing”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Read other reviews but went with open mind. Shown to table, drinks order taken and lay out of buffet explained. Starters acceptable but no meat left in 2 of the main dishes and none of the food was hot. Deserts consisted of 1 scoop of ice cream, carrot cake or dried up fresh fruit salad, no cream or squirty cream left. The 2 people who had the lamb curries had upset stomachs which started during the night and lasted all next day. There was no ambience in the restaurant and it was not particularly warm.

• Visited February 2013

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“friends night out”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

great service, friendly helpfull staff, goodselection of buffet food including vegetarian all tasty and morish the house Chardonay was very good so much so that we ordered a second bottle.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank allisonbutts
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Well nice and I ate more than I paid for”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Walking in off the street with friends and kids we were shown to a table and asked us for our drinks order from a very happy and smiling staff I really don't know what people are complaining about because we all had a great time and they'd all of the Indian food on offer there is more than 4 to choose from unlike other people have said there is about 8 to 10 to choose from we went to the Chinese over the road shanghai shanghai area month before and the food was dry as if it had sat there for a long time, indiangate is top food at a cheap price there is icecream and cake for desert staff always cleaned away the dirty plates we left and offerd us more drinks after being in there for 3 hours stuffed to bursting off home we trot well happy

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank kizzy84
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited the restaurant after Fireworks display in Carlisle, food choice and taste was fantastic. I can't understand the other reviews saying the place is so bad...? Mine is an honest review and I found it great Value for money. Drinks are priced the same as anywhere else in Carlisle. I will be returning again and can recommend to anyone who has not been.

4 Thank Coniston1
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
“ARGH”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Got dragged back to this place (I am not going to call it a restaurant) by friends who wouldn't listen to my advice. To call it a restaurant would be insulting to places where you actually get good food from nice staff. I beg you never to visit this place, the sooner it is closed the better for all concerned. Food is awful, i thought maybe it might have improved from my last visit, drinks still shockingly overpriced, staff are possibly the worst I have ever come across. Visited on the 12th of October and can guarantee this will be the last time I even look at this place. The young, small girl who was working needs serious lessons in manners, she was almost as bad as the food. Please people, if you have the slightest bit of sense listen to my advice and the advice of other people on here... I am convinced the good reviews are put on here by the owners!

• Visited October 2012