“Disappointed”

Description: Buffet-style contemporary curry-house
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I went to the Indiagate more out of desparation than anything. My stay on a Monday night, and the 200 seater restaurant was almost deserted. I was seated by the window, no doubt to try to create the illusion the place was busy. There were 6 other people in the restaurant at the time I ate. The cost was fine for what was offered, however I suspect that the low number of patrons was a reflection of the quality as well as the day of the week. The variety was disappointing, some of it was inedible, the chips were usual cheap offering served in such venues and looked like they had come from a school earlier in the day. The rice was dry and horrible. The meat was of poor quality. The whole affair was tired and much of it was cool if not cold. The thousand folded napkins for imaginary patrons was impressive though somewhat of a waste of manpower. I reluctantly ordered a Kingfisher beer which I normally find to be very good and found it to be flat and although I could have eaten whatever I wanted I ate one plateful only where I would usually have had several visits to try the whole range.I did not insult my stomach with the stale looking desserts. The music was excellent and proved to be the highlight of my visit, I would buy this on CD. I only drank a quarter of the beer, and feeling bloated and disappointed I paid and left. I am a weekly visitor to Carlisle and will not be returning. By the way the large crack in the front window needs attention as this is a health and safety issue. The greeter was doing his best but was the only person in the building with a smile.

• Visited February 2013

Penrith
“Do not go - very disappointing”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Read other reviews but went with open mind. Shown to table, drinks order taken and lay out of buffet explained. Starters acceptable but no meat left in 2 of the main dishes and none of the food was hot. Deserts consisted of 1 scoop of ice cream, carrot cake or dried up fresh fruit salad, no cream or squirty cream left. The 2 people who had the lamb curries had upset stomachs which started during the night and lasted all next day. There was no ambience in the restaurant and it was not particularly warm.

• Visited February 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“friends night out”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

great service, friendly helpfull staff, goodselection of buffet food including vegetarian all tasty and morish the house Chardonay was very good so much so that we ordered a second bottle.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank allisonbutts
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Well nice and I ate more than I paid for”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Walking in off the street with friends and kids we were shown to a table and asked us for our drinks order from a very happy and smiling staff I really don't know what people are complaining about because we all had a great time and they'd all of the Indian food on offer there is more than 4 to choose from unlike other people have said there is about 8 to 10 to choose from we went to the Chinese over the road shanghai shanghai area month before and the food was dry as if it had sat there for a long time, indiangate is top food at a cheap price there is icecream and cake for desert staff always cleaned away the dirty plates we left and offerd us more drinks after being in there for 3 hours stuffed to bursting off home we trot well happy

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank kizzy84
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited the restaurant after Fireworks display in Carlisle, food choice and taste was fantastic. I can't understand the other reviews saying the place is so bad...? Mine is an honest review and I found it great Value for money. Drinks are priced the same as anywhere else in Carlisle. I will be returning again and can recommend to anyone who has not been.

4 Thank Coniston1