“Lovely food freshly cooked in front of you”
Review of Coconut T

Coconut T
Ranked #89 of 346 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Thai food .Carlisle market hall , served from 11,30 am to 4,30 pm
Carlisle
“Lovely food freshly cooked in front of you”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This lovely little cafe - you can't call it a restaurant really - is great for quick Thai food at very cheap prices. For £4.50 you get a curry with rice or a Pad Thai or meat with chilli. It's very basic but always good. Everything is cooked to order and the place is tiny with the kitchen forming part of the restaurant so it's all cooked before your eyes. You can see the chef/owner mixing the paste for your curry before she cooks it. For a no frills fabulous dining experience it's hard to beat.

• Visited November 2013

Carlisle, U.K.
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We were introduced to this very small, tucked away eaterie by some good friends. Having not properly experienced authentic Thai food before, we were pleasantly surprised.
The food is cooked fresh and tastes fantastic. The staff are very friendly and it is excellent value for money.
We will pay another visit very soon.

Maryport
“Beautiful Tasty Food”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Today I had my second meal in this restaurant. The food was tasty and hot and well presented. The two ladies working there today were very pleasant and cheerful. The whole experience was very enjoyable and really cheap.
Will I go back again, too true I will !

• Visited September 2013
London
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Very good authentic tasting thai food, excelent value for money at around £4.50 for a main course, and served with a smile.

• Visited September 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Thai food!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Absolutely love this place! A girlfriend and I have a minor obsession with it. When I'm in Carlisle (about once a month) and have plans to go to "Thai in the Market", I get a sort of excitement and can't stop thinking about it. My plans nearly changed this past weekend and I started feeling a sort of desperation.
So this place is in the Market in Carlisle, out of the way and only open for lunch with sparse furnishings. From the outside it doesn't look special, but you are in for such a treat.
You seat yourself and one of the ladies who works there greets you with a friendly hello. The menu is on the wall; mains are £4.50 and starters are £3. We usually get an order of spring rolls to start; you get four and they are served with sweet chilli sauce. For mains, you can get anything and it will be delicious.
If you are in the mood for spicy, try the jungle curry, but I'd recommend you order it "as is" and not ask for it to be extra spicy. I've had it both ways and while the heat doesn't cover up the delicious flavour, if you get it extra spicy it is a bit hot even for a spicy food lover.
I've also had the massaman curry and it was so good I considered licking the bowl after I'd spooned and scraped out all I could. I've tried the chicken red curry: delicious and perfect for someone who doesn't like spicy food (although I'm sure you could request it hotter). Also the red chilli paste chicken is good and I've heard good things about the green curry. I'm looking forward to trying the Tom Yam soup and pad thai, too.
All the meals are cooked with your protein of choice (prawns, chicken or beef) and the right vegetables for the dish. Some come with cucumber cooked in them, which is surprising and lovely.
If you ever have the chance, definitely make a point of visiting this very special lunch spot. I wish them all the best and the most success.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank girlfromSC
Coconutthai C, Manager at Coconut T, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
thank very much . you gave us a big smile,,,so very kind of you