“Lovely place”

The Bobbin Coffee Shop
Ranked #8 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wiltshire
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I recently met an old friend in The Bobbin and it was an enjoyable experience. We had lovely fresh scones and tea. Very nice people and in the same place as Linton Tweeds - where the lovely fabric calls you over from your table! Worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank WiltshireCalley

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I love coming to the bobbin, the food is always fresh and you never have to wait very long.
The staff are always friendly and attentive.
There is a lovely outdoor seating area which is great when the sun is out and you can even bring your dog if you like.
Definitely one of the best coffee shops I have visited in Carlisle area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kate T
“Great Meeting Place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great little cafe for a scone, coffee and a chat with friends. Always busy but worth a visit. Handy free car park at the rear of the cafe so no problem parking.
Service when I have been there has always been good though may be some waiting when cafe busy but if there with friends for a catch up this is not too much of a problem. Have not tried their meals yet but seem to have a decent selection and things are home made.

• Visited March 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“More care could be given”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have previously had a great experience at the bobbin. With extra hot water with our tea, milk and sugar. Good portion size of cake for the price. But these last 2 times I have been disappointed. The cake just seems to be slopped on the plate and the cream on the side looks like an awful after thought. They asked if I wanted milk or sugar - in other coffee shops it just comes. I think a lot more care can be given to presentation and service.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Frogeyes79
“10/10”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Visited the Bobbin for a quick bite to eat with friends, we were very impressed with the speedy service and friendly staff they really couldn't do enough for us!
The kitchen staff were great in catering to my friends gluten free dietary requirements.
I had the special of the day which was a gourmet burger with fried onions ,stilton and bacon ...and it was delicious, my friends all had something different , from salads to baked potatoes and there were clean plates all round.
we all shared a selection of homemade cakes and enjoyed them that much we have arranged another visit next week :).
Definitely our new fave coffee shop!!!

• Visited January 2014