“Outstanding venue”
Review of Eden Rock

Eden Rock
Ranked #9 of 48 things to do in Carlisle
More attraction details
Owner description: Eden Rock is one of the largest indoor bouldering walls in England. We have something for everyone, even if you've never tried bouldering or rock climbing before.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is the best climbing wall I have ever been to. Loads of problems from really easy to impossible! Due to weekly resets, staying psyched is easy. With friendly staff and very good coffee it becomes great value as you easily spend hours here.

2  Thank nicholas r
There are newer reviews for Eden Rock

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've been going to Eden rock regularly every Wednesday for the last 3 months, its great and the staff are cool.
They've just re-set the green course which I had previously crushed and, I think , made the problems harder and incorporated more muscle and technique problems to really help you improve your skills.

The shop sells everything from scarpa climbing shoes to beastmaker 2000s at competitive prices, can't say I've tried the coffee (it's bad for your heart innit?) but it does smell good.

Only negative thing is I wish they had shower facilities, and a nicer bathroom, but that doesn’t really effect your enjoyment of the climbing

3  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a great addition to the climbing facilities we have available in Cumbria. The problems are really well set and the circuits are regularly changed. I have watched the staff with young children and have been impressed with their genuine interest in giving them a good time. The coffee is great, and I even like most of the music! Only down side is that it was very cold in winter...although once warmed up this was not an issue, and it has been a bit hot this summer...it's a big buiding and so air con' is probably not an option!

1  Thank 6ayear
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I go to Eden rock on a regular basis, the staff are nice, and help out with anything you need straight away, especially with little tips and solutions to the problems on the wall, its really relaxed and you can sit and chill for as long as you like. The staff have a lot of product knowledge and are full of enthusiasm

1  Thank Wemyss0607
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place is great! Come join the climbing masses! Very impressed by the fluid and beautiful route setting and brilliantly helpful staff :) I have been frequenting Eden Rock for about a year now and my climbing has come on leaps and bounds. Always a friendly atmosphere with something for everyone, weather you are a bear, goat or a beast. Thank you Eden rock! If I didn't have a job I would practically live there. And your coffee isn't bad as well, (Good climber fuel) lots of love and kisses Josh.

1  Thank Louise W