“Nice place, friendly staff, food not so..”

Siam Thai Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 341 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dao and Nong would like to welcome you to Siam Thai Restaurant. Recently opened in October 2012. Serving authentic Thai food cooked with ingredients used in Thailand but not as spicy - unless you request otherwise. Our chefs are from Thailand but also have experience of cooking in British Thai restaurants. Expect the strong flavours that you would not normally find outside Thailand or even in most Thai tourist restaurants within Thailand. If you prefer milder dishes then there are options such as sweet and sour or chicken with cashew nuts. We are open for lunch from 11:30am and evening meals through to 11pm (closed Mondays) with takeaways and a well stocked bar. Special occasions catered for upto 50 people.
“Nice place, friendly staff, food not so..”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Came here for a friends birthday, so I can understand that there would be a bit of a wait for the food since there was ten of us. But an hour and a half?? I ordered a main with sticky jasmine rice, they were presented really nice but I found it rather sickly compared to other Thai I've tasted. I don't think I will be going back, but if you're a real Thai food fan then I guess it's worth the wait.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mai Pen Rai for Siam Thai”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Visited: 27 July
Party: 6 (4 adults/2 kids)
Cost: £115 including 12 drinks and 2 kids desserts.

We had tried to book another Calisle Thai restuarant but they were busy and couldn't give us a table for 6 so we looked elsewhere for another restaurant and happened upon this purely by accident whilst sheltering from the rain. It was 8.30pm and by this time the kids were becoming retless as were the adults so we chanced it and went it. On first impressions, it may not strike you as being authentically Thai style but that is a minor niggle. I'd better prefix this by saying that we all love Thai food and are nitpickers about the menu, taste and ingredients so we didn't expect to be impressed. How wrong we were. The service was first class and the waitresses were fantastic; typically Thai, full of smiles and helpful in all ways.

The starters of chicken satay, pork sticks and chili beef were very tasty with the right chili kick although they could have been a bit thicker but the peanut sauce was perfect. All in all a good start. The mains of green curry, chicken and oyster sauce, fish curry and chicken massaman arrived after a relaxing break and were devoured very quickly. It's rarely that I've eaten a meal with not one complaint. I've also eaten Thai all over Thailand, in Europe and throughout the UK and the massaman and green curry were the best I have ever tasted. If you know your Thai food and like it the way it should be served with a hefty kick then this little gem is the place to head to. With Singha beer at £2.95 a bottle and other drinks at reasonable prices it is also great value.

We're already making plans to pass through Carlisle next month as this place is worth the trip. Make sure you visit it soon.

2 Thank RockDinosaur666
chang111, Manager at Siam Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I normally only respond to reviews that point out problems that I can do something about or need something clarifying but this review stands out to me as needing a response. The main reason I think it is special is that it is from someone who knows the difference between good Thai food and the Thai food that is served by most restaurants catering to non Thais or made with supermarket sauces at home. I know our food can not please everyone but it is great to know that we can please some of those who like me find it very hard to find a good Thai Restaurant.
Kaup khun maak maak krap.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Friends from Newcastle”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Invited friends from Newcastle to experience Thai food in Carlisle and they weren't disappointed.
Lovely food, great hospitality and a great night out.
Thank you too all the staff and especially Dao who was very pleasant.
We recommend your restaurant very highly.
Alan & May xx krup/ka

• Visited July 2013
“Good service, nice decor, food ok”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Thought we would have change and eat here as had heard some very good things about it. Certainly the decor is lovely, the staff are very pleasant and smart. Maybe it was just an off night but I found my food a bit bland and the sauce was on the thin side for my liking. There was nothing I would complain about;I just expected more. I will go again in case it was my choice at fault.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Best Thai Food in Carlisle”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

excellent decor,very freindly and attentive service & a very varied menu. The coconut rice is to die for & the red curry is the best i have tasted all around the UK.