“Another excellent meal!”

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #158 of 359 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just been to The Bridge again - cooking, ingredients, and menu choices all excellent for a pub meal - not been disappointed yet.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had dinner here twice , there is a good selection , 4 starters , 6 mains, and 5 deserts to choose from, I had vegetable lasagne , which came with salad,chips and garlic bread , great portions I couldn't manage to eat it all. The second time I had the Sunday roast it was beautiful, and again a huge portion, I was prepared for it the second time and was able to finish it . The staff are friendly and welcoming a the prices are great too.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

have been few times now one time got the last table each time we have been the place was full so would advise you to book food very good,value for money

1  Thank lizwaitt-adamson
twinkx1234, Owner at The Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

glad that you enjoyed your experience at our pub, do call again !

Reviewed 10 March 2013

My second review of the Bridge Inn,Penton,Carlisle.The main aim of this review is to direct other trip advisor followers to the establishment,which has been reviewed under the B&B and Inns recommedations for mainly food and the service in the restaurant.So have a look there at other reviews, other people have done,if you want a lovely tasty meal in pleasant surroundings.
We last ate here on saturday night,weather was cold so it was nice to be met with the warmth of woodburner stoves and an open fire.
The restaurant and public areas were busy. So if you are going for a meal.I would recommend to pre book to avoid disapointment.
We were quickly seated and our order taken by a friendly smiling waitress.The special board had plenty of choice.I had king prawns as a starter and sweet chilli dip,very tasty!!. For the mains one of our party had a double Barnsley chop ,Vegetables and chips. The other two had homemade Steak mince and onion pie with chips and peas.One of the party asked to have creamed potatoes instead of chips-No problem.
We then finished off with homemade Bread and Butter pudding with cream for one and one cream. I was too full for a dessert.
Rounded off with good fresh coffee.
Meal enjoyed by all.