“Amazing!!”

Ranked #9 of 341 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a local family run city centre cafe who pride ourselves on serving delicious homemade and where possible locally produced food. We are known for our delicious cakes and scones.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Amazing!! Is all I can say great customer service, all warm and friendly enjoy to have a chat with their customers instead of serving and going! Food is presented well, fantastic selection of homemade cakes, jams etc. have been here before and will certainly go again, would recommend this place to everyone! Fantastic!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Beautiful establishment”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have eaten at Whytes on several occasions since it opened. The food is out of this world, the home baking is in matched in Cumbria. I love returning to Whytes regularly as the staff are evr so friendly and the prices are very reasonable, the decor is very fresh and inviting, it looks so clean.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Magical Muffins!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Omg! Just got back from my hols and totally still in a bit of a blow out mode. So what! I'd spent the last two months hammering the gym for a beach worthy body. I walked into the shop on some wonderful recommendations from my mates and auntie and was confronted with a huge selection of homemade cakes and then I saw the muffins. Spoilt for choice I devoured a blueberry and vanilla with a latte and took a 'Salted caramel?' one home (ate on the way back to the car). New gym membership please!

leeds
“Late lunch.”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were in Carlisle for a couple of hours having arrived on the steam train. Soon after two we were looking for somewhere to have a quick snack and a sit-down.
Then we saw Whytes.
Now my previous experience of eating out in Carlisle is from some 50 years ago when I was in the army here learning to mend vehicles and kill people (one of those skills I practice to to this very day - but not the other) and the local businesses gave us a somewhat mixed reception back then so I was very pleased to see that all has been forgiven and forgotten so quickly.
It was a little too breezy for sitting outside (although some more hardy than us did) so we were ushered inside and given the menus by a nice friendly chap.
The waitress came to take our order, saw we weren't ready and gave us a few more minutes - I always like the "no pressure" approach. The food was good, the coffee cup huge and the bill manageable.
"No complaints, Sir" as we used to say in the cookhouse up at Hadrian's Camp.

Carlisle
“Wonderful birthday meal.”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I booked Whytes for a birthday party for 15 of us. They opened just for us on a Saturday night. The menu was made to my choice - wonderful gazpacho to start with delicious homemade bread. The main meal we had a fantastic selection of tapas, so so much delicious food and a wonderful selection. For dessert we had out of this lemon posset and homemade shortbread - it was to die for! The service was excellent and nothing to much trouble, to make this a special night.We would all recommend Whytes and will certainly be back! Thank you!

• Visited July 2013