“Brilliant fusion food”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tayay Kitchen located in the centre of Carlisle is a beautiful basement venue, that not only serves traditional Italian and Thai cuisine but also the fusion of both cuisines creating interesting and very tasty dishes to alight your palate.All ingredients are fresh with no use of MSG in any dish, each dish is made fresh so any dietary requirements are catered for.The partnership of Italian and Thai is the creation of Vanissa, fromThailand who moved to Italy as a child, after meeting her partner Antonio in Italy they embarked on an adventure to come here to share there love of both foods.The decor is stunning and the eclectic mixture of staff makes Tayay an exciting place to be with the added attraction of hosting live acoustic acts once a month.Come and give us a try you will be pleasantly surprised.
Verbier, Switzerland
“Brilliant fusion food”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We had a meal for two last week and loved it. The food and service were both excellent and we have reccomended Tayay to friend and family. I didn't know it existed until my parents popped in the week before. They loved it too. Try something different and head down to Tayay. You won't regret it

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MH8701

Walsall, United Kingdom
“A little peace of heaven”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A little peace of heaven in Carlisle good food, warm and friendly staff an overall wonderful evening will definitely be back. Thank you Tayay Kitchen it was lovely to find such a nice place in Carlisle we will hopefully visit again soon.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JohnWS87DJ
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Great quality tapas, great prices..."Come as guests, Leave as friends!"”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

As soon as I stepped into the Tayay Kitchen for my first time, I felt warmly welcomed by really friendly people. The restaurant has a very homely, relaxed and tranquil atmosphere and you can tell that a lot of love has been put into the interior design. There are loads of little individual and quirky touches around the place.

I loved the fusion of Italian and Thai food... they're two things I would never have thought of fusing, but they really hit the spot with that one! I tried the Panzanella with a twist - horseradish dip instead of garlic. It certainly had a kick and complimented the perfectly cooked dough so well. I then tried a pasta and pizza, both of which were cooked to perfection. I like the fact that it's a tapas restaurant because you get to try so many fusions.

I had the pleasure of meeting the chefs who make all the wonderful food. They were really lovely people. One of the chefs, Vanvisa, told me she owns the restaurant and decorated it all herself. Well done Vanvisa! I wish her every success!

On the notice board is the Tayay motto: 'Come as guests, leave as friends'. That is certainly how you feel once you've been to Tayay Kitchen.

***** (5 stars) .... I recommend this hidden gem to anyone looking to dine out in Carlisle!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Emily M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Such a little diamond of a place”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I found this little basement tapas bar in centre of Carlisle I was surprised by the high quality of food and stunning décor. A very chilled relaxed place to meet friends enjoy lovely food and at a good price. I would recommend having the green tea tiramusu which was light and not loaded full of alcohol a nice end to my meal. I would recommend anyone to go and give it a try you will be pleasantly pleased.

• Visited March 2013