“Nobody around”

Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tayay Kitchen located in the centre of Carlisle is a beautiful basement venue, that not only serves traditional Italian and Thai cuisine but also the fusion of both cuisines creating interesting and very tasty dishes to alight your palate.All ingredients are fresh with no use of MSG in any dish, each dish is made fresh so any dietary requirements are catered for.The partnership of Italian and Thai is the creation of Vanissa, fromThailand who moved to Italy as a child, after meeting her partner Antonio in Italy they embarked on an adventure to come here to share there love of both foods.The decor is stunning and the eclectic mixture of staff makes Tayay an exciting place to be with the added attraction of hosting live acoustic acts once a month.Come and give us a try you will be pleasantly surprised.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went in at 12:30pm for a weekday lunch, nobody around despite the billboards out front, hung around for a bit, called "hello", hung around for a bit more and gave up and left.

I suppose I was impatient, but I wasn't prepared to risk it after such a poor first impression.

1  Thank Simon J

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just want to say Grazie! for our lovely Valentine day, perfect combination of Thai and Italian ,great staff, cozy and relax place. our first time here but will be back for next holiday.

1  Thank Alexander054
Reviewed 2 March 2014

What a fantastic little place. The restaurant is below street level and small and cosy. The food is wonderful. An in trig using mix, served tapas style by friendly and well informed staff who clearly love the food themselves and can make great recommendations. We had a delightful evening and would go back again and again.

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've visited Tayay Kitchen a few times now and have never been disappointed. My latest visit was with a largish group of friends. Once again, I couldn't fault any element of my visit. The staff were helpful and attentive, the food was beautifully presented and tasted just beautiful - so much flavour. The complimentary sangria at the end was much appreciated as well. I can't get enough of this place and will be returning for my birthday.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A pleasant little place, quirky yet homely. Friendly service with lots of smiles, cant fault that.
However the food and menu for myself and my colleagues was a little confusing ,the tapas styles portions also small and a little akward for sharing.
Its a shame as there. Is some skill in that kitchen, to my mind would be better as a bistro style Thai restaurant rather than this " fusion" of Italian Thai.