“Great food and very flexible way of dining”
Review of Tropeiro Carlisle - CLOSED

Tropeiro Carlisle
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The newest edition to the Tropeiro Brazilian Restaurant family is situated on Botchergate in the town centre of Carlisle and is around the corner from the train station.Tropeiro Brazilian Restaurant Carlisle is an ideal destination for cinema goers, shoppers, and visitors to the city.Here at Tropeiro Brazilian Restaurant Carlisle we welcome you to taste the delights of Brazilian style cooking,a perfect place to dine with family and friends.At Tropeiro Brazilian restaurant, we take the simplest idea of combining wonderfully seasoned meat and flames, with skill and patience in order to capture the meat´s individual flavours.We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We loved the different way of getting served and the food was excellent quality, beautifully cooked and all seemed freshly prepared even though we went on a quieter night. Lots of different kinds of sides and in addition to the 12 different kinds of meat there were also hot stews on the 'sides' bar (the black bean stew was gorgeous and certainly makes your plate look interesting!) and a lot of cooked vegetable dishes as well as the salad. All the food looks and tastes like it's been prepared from scratch in-house, as it should be.

It's a big place so I can imagine on a busy night the atmosphere would be fantastic; there were a fair few empty tables when we went but there was good music playing and the friendly, attentive staff so it didn't feel flat. Good wine list with normal sort of restaurant prices for drinks, and while some may baulk at £22 a head for the evening eats do remember that's effectively a starter and entree price folded together as you will end up eating several platefuls of different combinations of food so we felt it wasn't overpriced. The puddings were also very good and priced at the level I would expect for a good quality restaurant. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Kifflington

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Myself , my wife and a couple of friends thought we would try Tropeiro for my birthday lunch.
We decided to go on Saturday lunch time, meat is to die for , service is very good..........only thing that stopped us giving this a full five star rating was the cost of the drinks!! £3.95 for a pint of lager...get real people, this is extortion in this day and age for carlisle!!
Would we eat here again??? Yes if I won the lottery!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had spent the day shopping in Carlisle and before meeting our train we thought a dinner and a couple of drinks would be in order.
The restaurant was found to be very clean and looked in good order and we were promptly met when the menu was explained:
The concept is that you are seated and once the Rodizio (12 meat servings) is ordered then you have a Buffet style salad, vegetable and several other hot side dishes to help yourself as often and as much as you want- and then by use of a red and green semaphore you indicate when you want your next serving of meat. The service was attentive and we were never wanting and also, all of the food was of high quality and really good value for money. The only quibble I have (and its a minor one) was the limitations on the menu as the 12 course meal would be ideal if you were going to make a full night of it. The trouble being we only wanted to be there for an hour or so before meeting the train. we did notice that there was reduced a 5 course option but this was only available before 5 pm- I would suggest that this is extended at the Carlisle Tropiero as the location to the railway station lends itself to dinner before departing Carlisle. OK, that's my gripe over- Overall Good service ,Good food, and Good value. The question is would I go again? perhaps but likely to be before 5 PM.

1  Thank BenJohnson66
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went at 7PM on a Monday and were the first ones in. 2 hours later there were maybe 7 more parties of 2-5. Tropeiro has a great atmosphere and very professional look to it. For the autumn they are running £18.50 per person for dinner. I ordered the 12 cut meat and they came out one by one starting with sausage and ending with a few different cuts of steak. Some cuts were too salty for my taste and the last cut was cooked rare, which I'm not a huge fan of, but overall the steak was good. You also get the meat served hot which is great because you can be there for 2 hours. The green card/red card system is very cool and its impressive how the waiters keep track of which table gets which meat. Also they keep bringing meat out as long as you have your green card out! So don't have a big lunch before!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Walked by and let out a little squeal. We used to live in the US and had 3 of these restaurants in our city and loved them. This wasn't quite as wonderful but it was close. Salad bar was great and the majority of the meat tasted lovely. My sirloin was tough but I think I had an end so it was cooked more than the part my husband had.

Passion fruit mousse for dessert was lovely and I also had some grilled pineapple which was unbelievably good!

Yes it's pricey, but I think it's worth it.