“Well worth the wait ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Debenhams Castle View Restaurant
Ranked #206 of 334 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Well worth the wait ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have visited this restaurant and it was extremely busy but I thought the service and products on offer were second to none.
When I say service, there was a que going out the door but a very nice young lad was hosting the que offering us samples of iced drinks so we did not feel like we were waiting at all. Furthermore the staff were speedy in serving but not rushing us.
My wife had the prawn salad and I had the butterfly chicken dish which was accompanied with a nice bbq sauce and mixed veg which was perfect for a sunny day not being to heavy.
What I was most impressed by was the choice on offer. There were at least a dozen different sandwiches and panninis on offer and I also sampled the Mediterranean veg soup for free as I couldn't decide what I fancied. The lady serving was kind to offer me a spoon with a wee sample.
Overall the experience was very good. We decided to have a mango frappe and a strawberry and cream frappe to go with our meals and was amazed to see that our daughter ate for free which was incredible! Apparently this is an offer on until the end of the month with no purchase necessary so we will certainly be back next week! Better still on the way out the lad at the door gave our daughter free stickers, pencils and a colouring sheet to take home which kept her busy for hours. Can't speak highly enough of this place!

2 Thank CarlisleMotorheadFan

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service, cold food and indifferent staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived to see very little on display however ordered a baked potato with baked beans as well as sausage chips and beans. The staff member neither looked at the food items on selection or observed the plate she gave us once prepared. We had been shopping for some time and simply could not be bothered to cause a fuss - on reflection we should just have walked away! The meals were both cold and tasteless, another coupple looked over at us as though they understood and their plates, which were abandoned half eaten, echoed our own thoughts! I see other reviews talk of the views but I would much rather visit the castle or possibly look over the walls of the top floor of the car park (its free!)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hall-of-fame
Workington, United Kingdom
“Good food and service, prices a bit steep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a reliable restaurant which always seems to have better service than the other Debenhams I have visited. The food is good quality but they recently changed their menus and the prices increased, so do be careful if you are on a budget.
It's nicely laid out and clean with plenty of room for pushchairs. Also wheelchair accessible via the lift which is just around the corner from the restaurant so you don't have to come through the shop to get there. The toilets are also off this same corridor, which is useful if you have limited mobility and just want to visit the restaurant.
also, nice and interesting view over Carlisle from this venue.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda H
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Great for a light bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We called in last Wednesday. We were greeted at the entrance and continued to choose from the varied self service of ciabatta, sandwiches, hot rolls & light meals, cakes & pastries etc. There was a member of staff on hand at all sections to help and advise, and we were dealt with quickly, but not rushed. There seemed to be some degree of organisation at this Debenhams, unlike other stores I have visited. We enjoyed our choice of freshly made sandwiches, which were made with good thickness of bread and were full. Nice to know that this Debenhams store can deliver.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary E
“Great place for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I'm a regular visitor here when I'm in carlisle shopping. Great atmosphere and I can breast feed my daughter with ease in a relaxed and comfortable environment.

Visited September 2013