“Genuine friendly,cute cafe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A hidden gem, just off Treasury Court.
As a customer you are welcomed into the Alice in Wonderland themed, shabby chic cafe, as though you are a long lost friend. Delightufully decorated with quirky twists, fresh flowers in ornate jars, antique books for kids to read, cute,hand-made jewellery and local artists work , available to purchase. They even have an antique till!
Best for milkshakes, ice cream sundaes, scones and home-made cakes, tray bakes and soup. Gluten free cakes and bread also available and milk alternatives.
I visit here with my young daughter, who is always made to feel welcome and with friends and family.
The cafe do have limited space as the cafe is very small but there is a lovely seating area outside and on a sunny day, Treasury Court is a real sun trap.
Available to hire out the entire cafe for private use.
There is a really lovely vibe in the cafe and I would stongly recommend a visit.
Well done Sophie and the girls. x

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I took my 2 girls to this café after hearing good things about it. I was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and immediately upon welcoming us and seating us. They brought out the colouring pens and pictures. Our order was dealt with super quick and the food was of a very good standard. We enjoyed ourselves very much in this Alice in Wonderland themed café.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have visited I LOVE CAFE several times and have always had a pleasant experience, I have introduced many friends and they also have returned time and time again. As small café that caters for all and also allows my toddler to roam free with no complaints - 5 star for being child friendly !!!
Fresh food made to order as well as a variety of cakes and tray bakes to cater for any taste as well as gluten free.
What more can I say other than get yourselves there - Treasury Court behind McDonalds !!!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Small but beautifully formed, I Love Cafe is a little gem off Treasury Court, Carlisle, with a welcoming atmostphere, good food and good music. Several of the staff work as volunteers which shows the business has a real commitment to the local community in providing opportunities for training etc. The manager knows what is in the food she serves up and is always keen to chat about nutrition and well-being. Indeed, the soups are home-made and cakes/treats home-baked. All-in-all it is a relaxing and informal place to be and somewhere I have returned many times. I have introduced work colleagues, friends and family to the venue over the last few months and all have returned for more. Keep up the good work I Love Cafe!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was introduced to this lovely little place by a friend of mine. I probably would not have found it otherwise. I will be eternally grateful to my friend for this introduction. Since my initial visit I have turned into a regular visitor. So much so that I could not think of a better place to take my best friend and her fiancée when they were in town following the news that they were expecting a baby daughter. What better way to celebrate than with very friendly service, fabulous cakes and great coffee.

Over my number of visits I have sampled a great proportion of the menu and have always left very satisfied, whether that be a cuppa and a cake, a salad or a toastie. I am always greeted with a smile and a fantastic array of homemade goodies.

As far as I am concerned I Love Café is small but perfectly formed and I'll be returning soon.