“Okay but not as good as I thought it would be.”

I Love Cafe Carlisle
Ranked #103 of 346 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Okay but not as good as I thought it would be.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I visted recently with my two daughters. It was after the lunch time rush on Tuesday. We each wanted tea and a fruit scone however we were told that the scones had all sold out during the course of the morning. The few remaining scones were cheese and were out on a stand uncovered! The young waitress suggested toasted tea cakes instead, which we had, but they obviously weren't home made. My eldest daughter is a waitress, her biggest bug bear is when food and drinks are served in drips and drabs as did our order. We moved ouside to eat as there was a wasp inside the cafe flying about and my youngest has a fear of them. On a positve note. I liked the quirkyness the odd tables and mis matched crockery and the music was very good. The waitress also checked that we were okay and she didn't rush us to leave. Perhaps our visit was a blip, so we will give it another go at some point in the future.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gillybt

carlisle
“Genuine friendly,cute cafe”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A hidden gem, just off Treasury Court.
As a customer you are welcomed into the Alice in Wonderland themed, shabby chic cafe, as though you are a long lost friend. Delightufully decorated with quirky twists, fresh flowers in ornate jars, antique books for kids to read, cute,hand-made jewellery and local artists work , available to purchase. They even have an antique till!
Best for milkshakes, ice cream sundaes, scones and home-made cakes, tray bakes and soup. Gluten free cakes and bread also available and milk alternatives.
I visit here with my young daughter, who is always made to feel welcome and with friends and family.
The cafe do have limited space as the cafe is very small but there is a lovely seating area outside and on a sunny day, Treasury Court is a real sun trap.
Available to hire out the entire cafe for private use.
There is a really lovely vibe in the cafe and I would stongly recommend a visit.
Well done Sophie and the girls. x

• Visited August 2013
Gretna Green, null, United Kingdom
“Wonderful little cafe”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I took my 2 girls to this café after hearing good things about it. I was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and immediately upon welcoming us and seating us. They brought out the colouring pens and pictures. Our order was dealt with super quick and the food was of a very good standard. We enjoyed ourselves very much in this Alice in Wonderland themed café.

Visited July 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Quirky twist to other city cafes”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have visited I LOVE CAFE several times and have always had a pleasant experience, I have introduced many friends and they also have returned time and time again. As small café that caters for all and also allows my toddler to roam free with no complaints - 5 star for being child friendly !!!
Fresh food made to order as well as a variety of cakes and tray bakes to cater for any taste as well as gluten free.
What more can I say other than get yourselves there - Treasury Court behind McDonalds !!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“A little gem”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Small but beautifully formed, I Love Cafe is a little gem off Treasury Court, Carlisle, with a welcoming atmostphere, good food and good music. Several of the staff work as volunteers which shows the business has a real commitment to the local community in providing opportunities for training etc. The manager knows what is in the food she serves up and is always keen to chat about nutrition and well-being. Indeed, the soups are home-made and cakes/treats home-baked. All-in-all it is a relaxing and informal place to be and somewhere I have returned many times. I have introduced work colleagues, friends and family to the venue over the last few months and all have returned for more. Keep up the good work I Love Cafe!

• Visited July 2013